ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 16v redline

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I took the long way home from work tonight for the funs, lots of roundabouts and national speed limit, I couldn't help but notice that my cars red line seems very high.

I've never seen it rev this high before, 6.1 or 6.2k max

d40bc48f.jpg

Is this normal? And what do other 1.4 owners find they can rev to?

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
6,250rpm is the official figure from Renault iirc
Mine is a 1.6 and sometimes goes straight to 6,500 (sometimes more) and sometimes the limiter kicks in at 6,250...

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
I use to find on my 1.2 & 1.6 that if the engine was cold it would cut in earlier than usual

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I normally had decent drives after waiting for it to warm up for a while and only got 6.1 or 6.2 ... This was literally five or ten mins after start up... Oh well, my cars mapped itself :p

ph2 172
HOLY THREAD BUMP BATMAN!!!!
Just thought i'd share the answer to this.
On my mk2 ph3 1.4 16v, it has digital dials.
cold = 0
warming = 2 bars
normal running temp = 4 bars

at 0 and 2 bars the rev limit is at just below 6k
when at running temp the red line its at about 6.5 6.6k :)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Ive always been of the understanding that the bars indicated coolant temperature, not oil temperature, and that its oil temperature you should go by when determining the operating temp. Possibly all crap, and I've no idea why I think this, but I go by oil temp before driving like Niki Lauda.

Megane 225 F1
True. The temp gauge is for coolant temp and not oil temperature. Just because it's digital doesn't make it any different from the analogue ones.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Ive always been of the understanding that the bars indicated coolant temperature, not oil temperature, and that its oil temperature you should go by when determining the operating temp. Possibly all crap, and I've no idea why I think this, but I go by oil temp before driving like Niki Lauda.

What do you think warms up first, the oil or the water?