ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 16v tapping ticking noise *video*

Focus RS + S3
Looking for a bit of help, i know its hard to diagnose over the internet but just after some pointers

Theres no noise at all when the car is cold, went for a drive and the ticking/tapping appears, theres no dephaser on these (i dont think lol) so im ruling that out

It appears to be coming more from the cambelt side at the top but hard to here where.

I thought of carbon canister but i put my head in the arch and it doesnt seem to be that low

Also hard to hear whether it changes speed with the engine too

Video sat inside the car
http://s135.photobucket.com/user/hodgins91/media/FE319715-0485-43E1-B629-D952FAD486F2.mp4.html

Cheers!

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Sounds like tappets to me

My 1.2 sounded like that, all the time, really bad

Car had regular oil and filter changes ?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Lol okay, well oil changes help prevent tappet noises by keeping it all clean inside etc

Obviously I can't say for certain from a video if it is that, but it does sound like it

If it where me, I'd do an oil change for the correct oil. You can also get some additive for the oil to help with noisy tappets

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Halfords are doing 4 litres of engine oil for £12 at the minute too which helps!

Not sure about where to get the addative, maybe euro car parts ? Not sure