ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 Energy Engine

Suzuki Swift Sport
After some time deciding to buy a Civic or just keep the clio for a while, I chose the Clio.:D

Anyways, I posted a while back about engine upgrades, I'm going to go for the 1.4 8v Energy to replace my 1.2 8v.
The 1.8 is soo thursty for the amount of traveling i do and more expensive etc.

Anyways, I am going to get the engine and basicly take it to bits/fit new water pump and belts etc

Is there anything i can do while the engine is apart, nothing too expensive. Such as a Cam from another Renualt engine etc.
Just to give it a little more power or to run better??

CB600FS
Lots of travelling... Mk1 1.9 Diesel? Mk2 1.5 DCI?

Both much better for fuel econemy and you'll be very suprised at the DCI's performance for an oil burner.

CB600FS
Not worth doing mate, flog the 1.2. Your doing alright if you can pick up a 1.9 with less than 100k on, thought they never die (just when your mates joke your car sounds like a tractor, they're not joking)

Keep doing oil & filter changes you won't go far wrong.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Haha, Mine sounded like a tractor upto last week, Fitted a new downpipe and welded the backbox on properly, much better.

I think i'll just stick with the 1.4 swap. nice and easy for my first swap too.
I'll get the engine first and have a good strip and clean, get it runnig spot on. :)

Fiesta ST
Is there anything i can do while the engine is apart, nothing too expensive. Such as a Cam from another Renualt engine etc.
Just to give it a little more power or to run better??

Piper do a re-grind on the cam for £150 in total. Could do that whilst the engine is out. Although, obviously not as good as a proper cam. I think catcams do a one for £200.

172 FF
make sure you change the throttle body's i did a similar thing to my old clio and it was rubbish with the 1.2 throttle body. you can get a 1.8 throttle for the old energy engine that helps with a small power gain.

other than that it all seems a to get expensive

Suzuki Swift Sport
make sure you change the throttle body's i did a similar thing to my old clio and it was rubbish with the 1.2 throttle body. you can get a 1.8 throttle for the old energy engine that helps with a small power gain.

other than that it all seems a to get expensive

Yes, sounds good.

I am not after major power or spending major money. Basicly anyting i can pick up from a scrappy!

I'm a tight buger when it comes to money:eek: