ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 sounds like a bag of spanners

Wonder if anyone else with a 1.4 can tell me if their engine sometimes sounds like a diesel unit?

No rhyme or reason as to when it starts doing it, doesn't do it all the time, but sometimes as I park up the engine sounds very rough when idling. Is this normal?

Might take it in to Renault and ask, but it isn't always doing it :S

The car is on a 55 plate.

doesnt sound right for a car that young. get into a stealers. if it was older would say it sounds like its in need of a service, but it wouldnt be due one yet, unless you've done over 12k

Renault clio 1.6 RSI mk2
baptistsan said:
Nope, just hit 1500 miles. Only got it in February. Off to the thieving gits then :(

I take it you have had the interim service done? This is where they take out the the thin oil for the running in period. And then put in the everyday use oil. I had to have this done when I had my 206 from new.

V70 d5 beast
i think i know what ur on about, you can hear it from the back of the engine it's like a ticking or clicking sound? at idle? mine started doing it at about 3,000 mines, i think it's just the injectors or sumting, just the engine being broken in as normal, i've now got 11,000 mines on it and it all seems fine the noise is still there but hasn't changed the performance.