ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4rt dizzy rotor help PLease

clio 1.4RT
Hi there,

My little old 1998 mk 1 1.4rt has been having starting probs since i got her last yr. I know i should of sorted it out straight away but im a lazy sod.

Anyway ive changed the plugs which ha next to no life left in them and went to look at the dizzy cap and rotor arm...well surprise surprise the cap is knackered and needs a new one but i carnt get the rotor arm off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the haynes manual says for an e type engine which mine is it should just pull off but ive tried and it wont budge......i dont want to damage anything as i havent got the replacments yet and not too sure whare to go for them unless i go to the dealer!

All help is appriciated

cheers
joe

C

Clio1.6Rxe

bad earth? or live wire? mine had a fault with the live wire ( something live im only assuming i cant remember) - it wouldnt start and would cut out