ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5 DCI or 1.2 16v

Hey lads.

I just registered here, and in about 4 months im getting myself a Clio. Im getting it through my mums work for pretty cheap and at the moment the only 2 models they offer in 3 door, are:

Dynamique 1.5DCI with A/C
Dynmaique 1.2 16v without A/C

Now the price is pretty much the same, and my parents think i should deficnatly go for the diesel, but ive got this fear its going to sound like a tractor! and all my mates are telling me to get the 1.2......

So i figured best place to ask, was a Clio forum

...any advice/opionions would be great.

Cheers

Chris

The 1.5 DCi is great fun. In my opinion, more fun to drive than the 1.2 16v. It feels faster (although this is probably only because its a turbo diesel).

The only time you really notice the noise of the engine is when you first start it in the morning, then its not so noticeable after that.

My mums got the DCi 65 - its really torquey and a nice drive all round... Id go for that one if I were you mate, its not too clattery either (unlike my bros Golf GT TDi PD150 which sounds like a 20 year old taxi). Like Rhys said, you can always chip it if you want more power and (with it being a turbo diesel) itll respond well to chipping, unlike a NA petrol...

Matt

I got the diesel and can only say: Go for it!! It will feel much quicker in everyday driving because of the much better torque. An don the motorway it is such a relaxed cruiser, beating far stronger cars from 120-160 (kph). I just came home from a trip to Amsterdam (live in Copenhagen, Denmark). The overall mpg (km/litre in my case) were app. 18,5 km/l with an average speed of 105 km/h, including one hour "stau" in Hamburg and 55 minutes with the boat "Rødby-Puttgarden" (ie. Denmark-Germany). Overall diesel cost for 1600 kms were app. 75 EUR.

If you can get them both at the same price and the diesel has got A/C I wouldnt be so confused - Im sure you will be happier with the diesel and your bankaccountant will too..

..Oh, and with a chip or a plug-in-box (so you dontlose any warranty) your car will be truly fast..

Good luck!

-CJ

I have the 1.2 16v and have driven the dci80, if you can get the 80 get the diesel, more fun and more potential, plus all the money you save on juice you can spend on mods!

I cant chip it or anything, as its through my mums work i gotta give it back after 1 year. But after that 1 year ill probably buy one proper ...unfortunatly being a little 16year old, i cant really afford to buy one ..not on my £200 a month wage anyway

Thanks for the replies anyway