ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5dci 65 new engine being fitted- need advice on coding parts etc

160bhp saxo- clio182
hello all,

as per title, my engine slipped a tooth on the cambelt, bent the most valves and took bottom end out...
just brought a second hand engine with turbo, the question is - what do i need to know? i only normally change petrol engines, i am at a bit of a loose end with diesel's...

i have heard a few things i need to swap over due to my ecu everything seems to be coded to that.
i see the fuel pump is running off the cambelt?- does this need swapping over?

also heard the injectors will not need bleeding due to the pump being so close to them...

any help appreciated.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
just swap the engines over and use your current injectors, make sure you number them so they go in the new engine in the same order.

use your current pump if its working fine as you know its good

clio dci , ren8
If your second hand lump is good just fit it and should be fine or for spot on running code the injectors to your ecu but will still start run & drive without coding .

160bhp saxo- clio182
thanks guys, that exacatly what i wanted to hear...
i will be doing the transfer over monday so hopefully all goes well.

thanks for the heads up on the injectors martin, i will change one at a time to save any hassel.

i will epost if i have any trouble.

many thanks