ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.8 16v idle problem

Nissan 200sx S13
my car idles irracally, it sometimes idles at 1500rpm, then at 1100rpm, am i right in saying it should idle at about 800rpm

Also when you accelerate hard,and then put the clutch down the revs stick at about 3300rpm.

It has kent cams in it, could the problem be the idle control valve, or maybe an air leak.

How do i go about fixing these problems, there seems to be i whisting noise coming from below the plenum passenger side but i cant see anywhere ythat looks like an air leak

ive also tried cleaning the idle control valve with electrical contact cleaner. but with no help

Skoda Fabia vRS
did you clean the inside of the ISCV ?.....did any crap come out

problems with revs sticking high are usually down to the speedo cable behind the clocks being poorly earthed

check the hose connected to the manifold that goes to the map sensor

check the hose coming from the ISCV into the airbox is on properly

Nissan 200sx S13
its got a K+n but it should idle without the still, just with unfiltered air.

I take it the ISCV is the idle control valve.

When you cay manifold, i take it you mean inlet manifold, the hose is connected alright.

the map sensor is not mounted anywhere though, its just sort of hanging there.