ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.8 16v to 2.0 8v turbo

renault clio 16v
i have a renault clio 16v and i'm thinking to change the engine with one from a renault 21 turbo. i choose to do this because i think is cheaper than to turbocharge my own engine and, on the way i won't have many problems. it this possible, does anyone ever heard something about this? that engine can be fitted in the clio engine compartment ? can anyone help me with some informations, pictures from other sites ? thank you.

R5 GTT
I am not to sure it would fit in the clio bay as the 21t engine sits in a totally different position and there will be alot of work involved.

Just try and get hold of a complete 225 turbo lump matey they occasionally turn up on fleabay for good money.

corsa ecoflex
1.The 21 lump will not fit unles you turn it and stick it in the boot..
2.I had a 21t and to get parts is a serious issue and cost loads to get if your lucky.
3.I had this in my mk1 clio..cheap,fast and easy to maintain...5 gtt lump and the conversion is dead easy and you can keep the 16v gearbox to keep the speedo

P1010114-1.jpg

P1010116-1.jpg