ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.9 Diesel battery ok in a 16v

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Hope so as im going to try and shoehorn it in tomorrow, does it fit? Is it safe to use it. I just thought 550 amps would be better than the 400 offering for the 16v at halfords.

yeah, i bought a 595amp lucas jobbie from motorworld. works amazingly well! turns over like its on ecstasy! get the biggest u can find!

jimbo

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

I thought you had one :) Just got a Halfords one, cos i had to really and its 5 mins from where i work and they were open. Do you think itll be ok in my clio though, it doesnt look any wider just longer.

yeah itl fit in fine. the origianl 19 16v battery is a 500amp jobbie, and thats huge, so i wud have thought the clio would be the same. also think about fitin a diesel starter motor, the engine wud spin at about 1k rpm just on starter!!!!!!!!!! get the bugger goin in any condition!

jimbo

Skoda Fabia vRS

jimbo you have any idea if the 16v battery will fit in the RT battery space ?

in fact Paul, if you could, keep hold of your 16v battery an ill see if it fits when im next up yours