ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1 Day Insurance 18yo

57 Clio Campus Sport
Family are going on a long journey and thought it would be a good idea if we shared the journey. Only thing is we will be going in the touran which im not insured on and its not worth spending £1000 for a years insurance on it as im only going to have to drive for a few days. Only problem is i cant find one day or weekly insurance for 18 year olds, most is 21 or 25. Anyone know of anywhere that does this?

S13
Don't most insurance companies do like a 14-day money back thing? Insure it for a year then just get a refund..

nothing, blown up!
hey mate i live in stow and have been tryin the same thing, 25 is the youngest age for 1 day only. need to get put on ur rents insurance.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
norich union 21yr old

lol i did it lst year when i got my golf as i was waiting til my birthday which was 27days away, so i paid 150quid for the 28days s i needed the day i got it aswell
checked the details properly the next day and seen the over 21bit gutted

good job i put my mum as main driver i thought but then seen the any other drivers have to be 21 aswell bit
just be carefull is tip here

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Ring your insurance company and add yourself to the policy for the day..?
I've done it a few times on other policies and never had any problems. I'm under 25.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Family are going on a long journey and thought it would be a good idea if we shared the journey. Only thing is we will be going in the touran which im not insured on and its not worth spending £1000 for a years insurance on it as im only going to have to drive for a few days. Only problem is i cant find one day or weekly insurance for 18 year olds, most is 21 or 25. Anyone know of anywhere that does this?

You have a policy for your clio? You can request temp cover on another car, if you give all the details of it. Quinn Direct and other companys have no problem with this, so long as you cough up the cash at the end of the month.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
quinn allow you to drie anyother road legal private car rthird party
thats why i with them
and cause there cheap

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
im regually putting a second car on my clio policy, put jons on £17 for a week. been doing it on various cars since i got my licence

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
DO NOT ever fall for the mistake of people, thinking because you are Fully Comp that automatically you can drive other peoples car Third Party.

A select few insurers do that now, as a bonus, however Third Party(Fire and Theft not included) means if you hit someone, then they pay for them, not you. Also, you can get done as sometimes insurers waive certain cars and engines, as you never told them that you were driving someone elses car.

Be warned.