ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1 owner clio cup 172 -21k miles - whats it worth

I'm a music and comic book collector. The price is whatever somebody is willing to pay. When I list stuff for sale on eBay, I put a big price tag on it and then wait for an offer. Could take two years or could be tomorrow. Everything sells... eventually. Buy cheap sell high.

Hi all,

I pick the car up next week, then its being trailered to Birchgrove to be recommissioned, belts service, new dephaser, service and what ever else it needs.

The owner wants it perfect before iI pick it up, so he has fitted 4 new advan tyres and discs and pads all round, the guy I'm buying it off is a little fastidious, even though he ain't used it for 6 years.

I'll post some pics next week.

Its abit dusty.. But under the dust, the paint work is bright.. Will need a good detail...

Attachments

• IMG_20201102_132841.jpg
    IMG_20201102_132841.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 292

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I didn’t sell that one. (It has a City Motors sticker in the rear window, they were our rivals *spits* )

if it’s one owner, there should be a business card inside the book pack. Can you have a look for me please??

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Will need a good detail..

Start by not putting bottles (or anything else really) on the paintwork or you'll keep detailing! :)

Will come up very shiny though, I personally really like the blue!

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Nice purchase. I can’t remember when i last saw a cup with the Matt blue side rubbing strips still intact. Mine went gloss about 10 years ago. Great OEM find and be interesting to see how this progresses.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I rarely feel genuine envy, but right now, I'm feeling it very very strongly. That's lovely.

Please share 100s and 100s of pictures so I can reminisce and rue the day I ever let mine go and/or ruined it beforehand.

Dropped the car off for a full check over, cambelt and service

Attachments

• IMG_20201109_154553.jpg
    IMG_20201109_154553.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_20201109_154455.jpg
    IMG_20201109_154455.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 294
  • IMG_20201109_154506.jpg
    IMG_20201109_154506.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 293
  • IMG_20201109_154519.jpg
    IMG_20201109_154519.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 298
  • IMG_20201109_154533.jpg
    IMG_20201109_154533.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 309
  • IMG_20201109_154553.jpg
    IMG_20201109_154553.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 275
I didn’t sell that one. (It has a City Motors sticker in the rear window, they were our rivals *spits* )

if it’s one owner, there should be a business card inside the book pack. Can you have a look for me please??

Russ Jones, compliment slip with running in notes.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many

One Picture and a sh*te one at that :rolleyes:

That's one good thing about Collecting Cars Auctions, there is 100+pictures and alot of details / Info unlike ebay / gumtree

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I think with that having Air Con really de values the car.

Loved my Cup, one I wish I never sold, would rather have one over a Trophy.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Just me or is the Renault Sport badges oddly placed?

Nice to see a low mileage Cup especially standatd. Remember trying to get one insured when I first past my test. Was more than the car!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just me or is the Renault Sport badges oddly placed?

Nice to see a low mileage Cup especially standatd. Remember trying to get one insured when I first past my test. Was more than the car!
Both the Renault and Sport badges are in the wrong place. They should be alot lower and closer together.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah mate same as others 👍. Was just an observation ref 12 hours ha ha.

Hope you guys are well 😀

Birchdown

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup / 172 Exclusive
Yeah mate same as others 👍. Was just an observation ref 12 hours ha ha.

Hope you guys are well 😀
All good here thank you mate! Strange times but you've got to keep moving forward :) Are you still selling at the minute? Must be a strange time selling cars.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Very strange times but trying to stay positive. Currently on furlough until December and optimistic it will be busy when I get back like the last lock down was. Fingers crossed anyway 🤞.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
You associate the cup being bare bones old skool fun. Having a-con doesnt share the same paragraph.

Exactly this. Had a few Cups over the years with optional air con fitted. Defeats the object of having a Cup. All the effort they went to at the factory saving weight and then spec it with air conditioning 🙈

There is a reason ones with air conditioning are rare!!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
No, but lets be honest anyone buying a 21k Cup isn't about to smash it round Silverstone to enjoy the raw driving experience.

It's gunna get polished, photographed and looked at. To those ends having rare factory options is a desirable feature.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Think we are splitting air con pipes.

IMO side by side a none air con model would sell better. People who like clios or old hot hatches probably don’t know you can get one with a/c. Because what’s the point.

Anyway. It’s over priced and the pics are w**k.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Hi all been a clio fan for a long time, owned a few over the last 30 years of driving.

A friend has just offered me a 1 owner clio cup 172, done 21k miles,, it is an air con model which i believe is rare, its been stored in a dry garage an not turned a wheel since 2014, i have hpi and mot checked it all appears correct, reg is wp53wwv had afew mot failers in its early life, is this normal

It looks fantastic in the flesh, paint looks correct, wheels have been refurb due to some kerb rash, tyres recently all replaced, all brake discs changed, had a cambelt recently.

Looking for advise on price please, im just looking to keep it and use it sparingly

Cheers

£13 grand.

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
It’s back up forsale

eBay number

Attachments

• 8235F284-B9C9-4489-8B69-8258BE92D681.png
    8235F284-B9C9-4489-8B69-8258BE92D681.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 153