ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1 stupidly fast car- 1 drift car- 30 skylines -1 nurburgring

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
when to the ring last week with skylineowners.com what a mental trip it was went out with 30 skylines and 24 came back after a few probs and a few acciedents. i was riding shotgun in the old mans r33 gts running 630bhp and 590 lbs of torque. we left at 4am in the morning meeting up and clakett lane then race down to catch our ferry out at dover.once we got off the ferry was about a 3 hour drive to our guest house where we was all staying with a 24 car garage with its own mechincs pit and everything.

on the way down we had a leak comin from some where looked like it was from the steering rack but this werent goin to stop us getting out on the ring. luckly the ring had dried out abit after all the rain we had so we went for our first lap which was pritty fast managed to keep up with a porche gt3 rs which proberly werent the best of ideas we cooked the brakes and they were juddering like a b*****d .but that werent goin to be the end of our trip oh no! the old man also got his r32 gts drift car out there this was where the fun really began! we woke up early on the sat morning it was pissing down with rain we heard the ring would be like ice in the wet but we thought what the hell we will be goin side ways any way. got there bought 4 laps and off we went and it is true what people said it was like ice which was good because it saved the rear tyres we managed to drift the whole way round the ring with out getting thrown off twice;)

we got back to the pits let everything cool down and i managed to get talking to a guy in a lambo gallado who i manage to blag a passenger ride in! well fook me he went like a bat out of hell we did a 7.55 seconds and he said he could of gone faster had it been a bit dryer. after that we tryed goin around again in the r33 but there was no point brakes were shot so we retired it for the trip and decided just to use the 32 for now.then it was my turn to have ago and tbh i was shitting first time lapping the ring and i was in a full 400bhp drift car only had one moment where i got sideways but i managed to hold it and get it back online lol i think i needed a nappy after that bit. manage to get 2 more laps in before nearly running out of fuel on the ring so my last lap i had to go really slow even though the begging was the fastet id been all day.

luckley we had no problems this year but other werent so lucky one guy had a head on crash driving on the wrong side of the road. another guy crashed on the ring and had a bill of £3,000. we had another guys head gasket go on the way over. another guy running 650 bhp and 630 lbs of torque melted his wiring loom from heat of the turbo.on the way home we had a guy with us in a super charged rx8 he was making it flame through a tunnel bouncing off the limiter then all of a sudden it died! we jumped out pushed it for half a mile out of the way and had a look what was wrong.it turned out his super charger has siezed not what you want on the way home . we managed to get it goin we cut the super charger belt off, then dissconnected the air flow pipe and put a sock over it for an air filter sweet turned it over and it fired up and we were back on the road. pritty decent drive back apart from bein pulled over by police for over taking through road works on the left hand side at 130mph lol but they were coool checked our passports and off we went. i manage to spot a few clios out there aswell not sure if any ones on here but pics to follow below

DSC_7088.jpg

DSC_7095.jpg

DSC_6738.jpg

DSC_7064.jpg

DSC_7067.jpg

DSC_7057.jpg

DSC_7058.jpg

DSC_7060.jpg

DSC_6876.jpg

DSC_6880.jpg

DSC_6881.jpg

DSC_6940.jpg

DSC_6942.jpg

DSC_6993.jpg

DSC_7069.jpg

DSC_7165.jpg

DSC_7169.jpg

DSC_6703.jpg

more pics here http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/mikeycorsa241/ring pics/

p.s my grammer etc is not the best lol

Last edited:
Ah the infamous (for the wrong reasons) Skyline Owners nurburgring trip!

I see Stuart decided to show off his flamer kit too...

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo

you know stuart day ? yeh hes flamer kit was abit nuts singe his gf's arm at one point lol

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Whos were the Clios then? More interested in them than the Skylines for some reason!

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Does sound like a few people with a lack of cognitive activity attended.. (i.e. overtaking and having a head on).

172, Tiguan
Heard some stories about this trip. Not all rosy either.

I'd also urge anyone who reads this never to venture out on track if you have fluids leaking. Its the most dangerous thing imagineable. 3 bikers (one well known) came down on fluids very recently. If you get caught you will be held accountable - the Ring is not classed as a racetrack.

Also speak from experience after a Focus RS blew its intercooler hose infront of us. How we stopped without hitting anything I still don't know.

Last edited:
  182 Trophy & Megabusa
Glad you had a good trip, although Skyline Owners weren't too greatly received with the nurburgring regulars and locals. Out of interest, what was this guesthouse called? A mate of mine has stayed there before and was telling us about it, but couldn't remember the name.

Just a couple of things to think about though....your dads car was leaking, but you decided to go out on track anyway? You could kill someone dropping liquid on the track.

Overtaking at 130mph in roadworks? Not very sensible

And 'drifting the whole of the nurburgring' - your dad was lucky not to write his car off....seen a video on youtube of him going off the track at one of very few corners with run-off! Very skillful driving but pretty dangerous.

Very brave of him to give you a lap in a drift car too...

I guess this is why the S.O. trip was frowned upon by so many, laughing at very serious things and a very careless attitude!

Sorry for the moan but driving out on track with a leak when you aren't sure what it is or what it could lead too...outright stupidity! Last trip in May was doing 140-150 up Kesselchen in a friiends Z4M and on a slight right-hander a tad before Karrussel a Jag had dropped coolant, there was about 5 cars written off, 5 or so bikes down and written off, a porsche on top of a bike and a biker died...so i would advise you to be a bit more sensible next time, as fun as the ring is, if you crashed as a result of someone dropping fluids when they knew they had a leak, how would you feel?

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
Glad you had a good trip, although Skyline Owners weren't too greatly received with the nurburgring regulars and locals. Out of interest, what was this guesthouse called? A mate of mine has stayed there before and was telling us about it, but couldn't remember the name.

Just a couple of things to think about though....your dads car was leaking, but you decided to go out on track anyway? You could kill someone dropping liquid on the track.

And 'drifting the whole of the nurburgring' - your dad was lucky not to write his car off....seen a video on youtube of him going off the track at one of very few corners with run-off! Very skillful driving but pretty dangerous.

I guess this is why the S.O. trip was frowned upon by so many, laughing at very serious things and a very careless attitude!

Sorry for the moan but driving out on track with a leak when you aren't sure what it is or what it could lead too...outright stupidity!

we stayed in a little village a few miles away from the track one of the locals went mad about the noise of the cars but thats understandable we didnt leak on the track we got it to the guest house and over the pit had a look and was leaking through the steering rack where the boot covered we drained off the system and filled it with stop leak we woulndt on the track with it leaking espically with all the bikers out there

my dad woulndt drive beyond his ability hes in the british drift championship and is not an amatuer at drifting yeh he did have a close off but it happend and had he hit the armco it would of been a lesson learned

i dont know who frowns upon that trip? because whilst we was there we had nothing but positive feed back about the driving the drifting most ppl wanted to come out for passanger rides and the ring marshalls were happy with all the driving that was goin on. yeh the road works were abit silly but we didnt know it was road works till we saw a sign thats when we slowed and got tugged

Weeman sucks ****
Heard some stories about this trip. Not all rosy either.

I'd also urge anyone who reads this never to venture out on track if you have fluids leaking. Its the most dangerous thing imagineable. 3 bikers (one well known) came down on fluids very recently. If you get caught you will be held accountable - the Ring is not classed as a racetrack.

Also speak from experience after a Focus RS blew its intercooler hose infront of us. How we stopped without hitting anything I still don't know.

ah the memories...was like skidding on ice!!

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
a scoooby binned it whilst we was out there and threw oil all over the track and 3 bikes came off bad because of it

ValverInBits
how did your dad manage to get 2 cars over there then? who drove them there and back?

Nice trip, Nice cars.

172 Cup SOLD

Sorry for the moan but driving out on track with a leak when you aren't sure what it is or what it could lead too...outright stupidity! Last trip in May was doing 140-150 up Kesselchen in a friiends Z4M and on a slight right-hander a tad before Karrussel a Jag had dropped coolant, there was about 5 cars written off, 5 or so bikes down and written off, a porsche on top of a bike and a biker died...so i would advise you to be a bit more sensible next time, as fun as the ring is, if you crashed as a result of someone dropping fluids when they knew they had a leak, how would you feel?

Agreed with what Matt said.......we were at Ring this weekend and saw all the skylines...and there trip has become infamous on quite a few forum's i've read...

As for the Clio's...thats Matt's Trophy and our other mate Jonny's 182 Cup. There were 10 of us there in 5 cars