ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1 year old 182

Dear fellow mates,

i'm writing to you to share with you my thoguhts on my 1 year old 182. it was an great year.i was so happy to ride a fast car like this. i used to take care of it. i won't let any body put his ass on it :). but after an accident, and hot weather and bad streets i started to realize that this car was not meant to be driven in the gulf area. the car is full of noises, rattles, any kind of noise that make you want to ditch the car in the ocean. it hurts me to say this because i payed alot of money on it and it's still 1 year old and only 24K kms on the clock, these things should come up at least after 70 or 80K like normal cars. it hurts me to say this but this car was made out of paper. i kept saying to people this car doesn't have any kind of disadvantages, it turned out to be the king of all disadavantages. now i wish i could turn back time and instead of buying it i should've saved and bought me an R32 or an Evo. i have an 8 year old daewoo and i can't hear any sound from suspension or anything,unlike the clio i can hear suspension noises like i'm jumping on a bed full of springs !!!

anyway, maybe if i fixed the suspension noise i will change my mind, but that will not change the fact that this car is sooooooooooooooooo fragile, like glass. i keep saying all new cars are like this, but this one !!! i don't know what to say maybe i'm too furious because of the rattles and stuff.

please anybody think i should change my mind, don't be afraid to shoot your thoughts.

Megane Mk4
It's french, What did you expect?

Clio and rattles go together like p**n films and tissues matey. The clio's only good for 2 things...
Nice winding roads and winding up lots of cars at lights.
If you wanted build quality mate I would've got the R32/Evo :D

Andi-b said:
It's french, What did you expect?

Clio and rattles go together like p**n films and tissues matey. The clio's only good for 2 things...
Nice winding roads and winding up lots of cars at lights.
If you wanted build quality mate I would've got the R32/Evo :D

Agree

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yup and again ... dont expect build quality from a french car. however i would argue its not that fragile seeing as it stands up well to accidents (high ratings)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
My 172 has had lots of little niggle problems and rattles, but i still love it to bits, and i can't think of a car thats better in the same price bracket.

182... again!
Yeah, I get fed up with mine occassionally but overall the performance, creature comforts and value for money win...nearly everyday!

ollie_gozzett said:
play loud music....problem solved lol
that's what i do now. i do agree that the price is very good for what they have to offer and i love my car but it makes me sad, i dunno why maybe disappointment. never thoguht a 1 year old car will start falling apart.

only reason i got my clio was because its fast/fun/handles well, i didnt buy it for any other reason.. if i wanted a cruiser well built car, i wouldnt have bought a clio

Silver 182 F/F
I'm selling my 182 at the moment for the above reasons,and was going to get a R32 but after a test drive i decided against it.

But i'm not going to sound like a car journalist,fulll of over/under steer stories.But the R32 was no fun i came away without a smile on my face after the test drive which is unlike me.

So now i'm waiting for delivery of a ST-3,which reminds me of my previous Leon Cupra but with the fun side of the Clio.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I too live in the gulf and so far have covered 44k. Not had a single problem,it kinda grates me people bang on about paper quality.

It seems to vary from car to car IMHO...not had a squeak out of mine. Loving every minute too.

Megane Mk4
I forgot to mention in my first posting too that I've had mine since march 2005 and I'm still loving every minute of it. ;)

Besides, we didn't buy ours because of the rattles and squeaks, we bought it because of the price/value aspect, nothing more,nothing less :D

i dunno. maybe i drive the car too hard ???!!! but i really don't. but i do race from time to time but that should not affect the car, like you guys said i bought this car for 2 reasons, fast and looks mint.

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
my car rattled like a b**ch when i first so much so it nearly went back. But I got in the back and found the plastic trim was loose, under the bonnet some of the plastic protectors were loose and the door hinges were coming out. 30 mins to fix the lot and all I can here is the daft exhaust now.

a bit of tlc goes a long way on a french car. I owned a vts for 3 year and both wheel arches and the grille fell of that driving at speed, it goes with the badge