ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

103" Plasma £50k !

I can understand showing it off as a 'technical exercise' but why would anyone need a telly that big, unless they were lacking elsewhere.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
I can understand showing it off as a 'technical exercise' but why would anyone need a telly that big, unless they were lacking elsewhere.

i know a guy with a home cinima - proper 40 seater cinima, he uses a projection TV cause he couldn't find anyone to make large plasma, lol I told him to wait :)

Yeah, I've got a cousin with a wall projection thing, which is very nice. Just don't see the point of a telly that big.

VRS
50k!

"Well, a bit more, actually, because that price includes VAT but not the cost of a site survey or installation - both of which are mandatory when the screen is bought by consumers"

eek

dk

911 GTS Cab
I saw this and the samsung 102" one at the computer show in germany earlier this year, and let me tell you, when showing Blu Ray at 1080p the picture is truly unbelieveable, you could never believe a screen could look that good, it was pretty much like looking through a window, life like, I was bowled over.

I was expecting a big tv to have a poor picture as generally the bigger the screen the further you have to sit away from it as the picture is poor close up but I stood right up against this and it was still perfect, no distortion whatsoever!

It has to be seen to be believed!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
You would be suprised. There are lots of commercial uses for Plasmas that big. And no doubt a few loaded people will already have there order in.. the thing with plasma tv's is there litterally is not limit to the size the can be made to, only the actual process of making something that big with so much power consumption is the problem.

Suzuki SV650
Multiplayer Pro Evo tournys thats all I can think of. Get some beers in and there you go. Although with a tv costing that much I guess you'd be affording bottles of dom p. instead of tins of carling.

I want one.

E91 M Sport
My projector is setup with a 104" screen - has been for 2 years, looks awesome, especially with xbox360, didn't cost £50k either.

Got to love the idiot that decided to take a picture of the worlds largest TV whilst showing a film at a different aspect ratio!

dk

911 GTS Cab
My projector is setup with a 104" screen - has been for 2 years, looks awesome, especially with xbox360, didn't cost £50k either.

Got to love the idiot that decided to take a picture of the worlds largest TV whilst showing a film at a different aspect ratio!
not really, most films are in 2.35:1 and TV's at 16:9 to enable viewing of both ratios.

You are all missing the point.

It is not a question of why, but why not!

If I could afford it and had the house / room to go with it then why not indeed.

We do have a wierd culture in this country about wealth.

E91 M Sport

not really, most films are in 2.35:1 and TV's at 16:9 to enable viewing of both ratios.

Plenty of 16:9 films around to demo with....