ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

106 gti, 200 Whp, 1st place, last place, finishes 6th!

R14 CUP
There was a lad on ZSOC (Jason Cooper) in this championship, who had his engine built by Sandy Brown, think that was on the verge of 216bhp, from a 1.6. He won the series two seasons ago, and wasn't far of last season, albeit for reliability issues.

Was a hugely impressive car also.

He has gone into Fiesta St's now, which are all blueprinted, identical vehicles.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
He was there today actually! Wandering around.

Dave (The guy in the video) painted his latest fiesta. Its got the all time mother fcuker of roll cages in it!!

53 Clio's & counting
No mate :((I popped over in the elise for a nosey and to meet a mate) too busy today, borrowed my bro's Navara to pick up a few things, then noticed the tiptronic wasnt working on the A4, so stripped out the autobox lever, sprayed up the connections on the curcuit board in it and all's now fine - and I didnt realise it was 6 speed pmsl

Oh, the needle was under empty in the Toyota - made it back to Chippenham too lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I never knew that on the Audi! (Although tbh, I probably wouldn't have tried it)

That Avensis is stupid on fuel. The light was on when I bought it in W-S-M! So thats about 30 miles back to my place plus what, 30 miles to your house?? HA! Its a proper nice car though that Avensis, drives mint.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Ah Daniel should of put a thread up about going yesterday as was down there as well..

The wind was mental!

Nick went well yesterday though mind!

I'm in the middle of doing one as it happens! Thanks for all the positives, really means alot :)

Sandy Brown

Excellent hope the owner is on here and we can see the results :cool:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I'm in the middle of doing one as it happens! Thanks for all the positives, really means alot :)

Sandy Brown

Oh, more info required on that!

Not sure if you were involved at all (through link to Colin Satchell), but i've got a Pure Motorsport aircon delete kit on my Trophy now, very impressive bit of kit :D

Another superb day for the Saloons yesterday, great racing. Did anyone watch the live coverage on Motors TV yesterday? We were sat in the insane wind at Quarry and it was great to have a big screen to follow the action.

After an 'iffy' start to his racing career Simon Norris is going really well in Class D as well, just a shame there aren't a few more cars in that class.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Another superb day for the Saloons yesterday, great racing. Did anyone watch the live coverage on Motors TV yesterday? We were sat in the insane wind at Quarry and it was great to have a big screen to follow the action.

After an 'iffy' start to his racing career Simon Norris is going really well in Class D as well, just a shame there aren't a few more cars in that class.

You think it was windy there you should of taken a walk down to Tower, that was bad!

Agree about Norris in the top ten with what is pretty much standard car isn't shabby at all!

Will be good to see what Funnell comes up with for his mini as well as his driving is up there for sure!

Daniel- Just dawned on me, do you have a private plate on the 200 and parked down by Tower?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yes mate, Grey 200? I was down at tower from about 2pm until the end.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Yes mate, Grey 200? I was down at tower from about 2pm until the end.

Ah was gonna take a pic of the car for spotted thread lol,

Yeah I moved right onto tower and hid behind my mates in folding chairs in an attempt to hide from the wind (and hangover :eek: )

53 Clio's & counting
I never knew that on the Audi! (Although tbh, I probably wouldn't have tried it)

That Avensis is stupid on fuel. The light was on when I bought it in W-S-M! So thats about 30 miles back to my place plus what, 30 miles to your house?? HA! Its a proper nice car though that Avensis, drives mint.

Didnt think you did mate, dont worry :)

Yeah it is quite amusing, what a beast it is lol - and you are right it drives perfect :)

I really need to build a race car*

*runs off to look at empty bank account lol

Oh, more info required on that!

Not sure if you were involved at all (through link to Colin Satchell), but i've got a Pure Motorsport aircon delete kit on my Trophy now, very impressive bit of kit :D

Info will follow, I'm doing it with Pure Motorsport; prinicipally for Nick's own hillclimb/sprint Clio he's building, but also as a development process for various engine bits. He'd had already got a fair way down the road with it using the usual parts, but it would have been limited by those parts, so we started again and I've designed some bespoke pistons and rods to suit a heavily revised head, it'll only work as a package; but it would be nice if we can make it something special.
Colin's my best mate and I saw that kit being developed, but I wasn't involved.

Williams 3
I went in the paddock to have a wander round and Tony was beating the s**t out of the 206 with a hammer to get it ready for the second race! I don't know what went on because it was over just after camp and I was stood at Tower.

Another good days racing though. Wish I'd got someone to record it though.

I think it happened as they were exiting The Esses. Looked a bit strange!

Ah, just found a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcPAyj-zeE8

Looks like he just lose the front bumper in the 206.