ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

106 gti Vs clio 16v?

clio 16v,saph cossie,rs's
raced my mates 97' 106 gti the other day and has been annoying me how fast it was,my car has 160bhp,and his is completely standard(120bhp),mine weighs about 1020kg and his 1000kg,i dont get it,he couldnt leave me:S which usually would you think to win?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Is this a joke?

Yours is 160bhp and his 120bhp and you wonder why he couldnt leave you, are you a r****d?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
whats done to your valver 160 would be a fair bit of work,106's dont weigh that much i dont think

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Is this a joke?

Yours is 160bhp and his 120bhp and you wonder why he couldnt leave you, are you a r****d?

i think what they mean is they thought there valver would be quicker than the 106 and couldnt pull away,no need for the r****d comment

car? need a license 1st!
I would have said it'd be pretty equal.. afterall they're basically the same car..

I think the valver would edge it though, specially with 160bhp.. seeing as they only have 137bhp as standard??

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
I would have said it'd be pretty equal.. afterall they're basically the same car..

I think the valver would edge it though, specially with 160bhp.. seeing as they only have 137bhp as standard??

hows a valver and a 106 the same car,valver engines you normally get good and bad'ens

car? need a license 1st!
112236603001.JPG

Peugeot-106-1-6-16V-GTI-XtsK.jpg

look at the shape of the bodies and the bumpers. They look very similar to me.

I'm not saying they are the same car, I'm saying the are BASICALLY the same car (both french)..

FOR SALE!!!
the 16v looks better my mates 106gti was pushing out 140 bhp and ya it was fast etc but just did not feel safe in it felt like was in a tin can

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
I raced 106 GTI the other day. Was cammed, Port and polished, IK and exhaust. He said to me it was about 155BHP.
I still owned it though. :D

Ph1 172
106 gti's are extremely light I used to have a rallye that made 118hp on the rollers and used to be able to keep up with a lot of cars with bigger power. The standard 106 gti weighs in at 925kg so with your extra weight you can see why it was so close many standard gti's don't make 120hp either many make 125-130hp its not uncommon at all

Vectra :(
I raced 106 GTI the other day. Was cammed, Port and polished, IK and exhaust. He said to me it was about 155BHP.

he was lying then.

i have seen 106s running @155bhp own a clio. I drove Ben_ps when he had his and it was easily williams pace if not a bit more. Also between 0-70mph a standard 182 would struggle. Also its not a car you could lose in the "twisties". in fact the opposite could be said

320d
Six and two threes

I've owned both and recently

Very similar power to weight ratios and basically identical gearbox ratios so unless they were dramatically different in terms of mods and i mean real mods not ebay type mods then on the road i'd doubt you'd see a difference

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

he was lying then.

i have seen 106s running @155bhp own a clio. I drove Ben_ps when he had his and it was easily williams pace if not a bit more. Also between 0-70mph a standard 182 would struggle. Also its not a car you could lose in the "twisties". in fact the opposite could be said

he's got a 14sec hybrid

Mk2 Ph2 1.4 16v Dynamic
If both cars were standard and both good strong engines, then the gti would prob get the edge on the valver till about 100-110 then the clio would maybe start to reel it in.

S2000
he was lying then.

he's got a 14sec hybrid

lol, just what I was about to say. I don't know if you realise it but Danny has one of the quickest hybrids around - about 180bhp without any engine work :eek: . I know all this as I wanted the car but that b*****d bought it ;).

In general though it seems that 106 GTi's and a valver are about even when in standard form.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think not.In standard form i think the 106 would pull on a valver.
I raced a few valvers and 106's in my ols cars and the 106 was always the fastest

ian

I had a play in my 172 with a VTS (now that is almost the same as a 106), I was with my dad and he was on his own and I pulled away very very slightly, if I was in my old 16V he would have pulled on me I would say. So I think a 106GTI would pull on a std 16V, but then no 16V iis this same!!

DUB mk2 golf gti!
just strip the valver then ull have no problems!:D saying that u will if they have a stripped gti!

S

Soontobe16v

so many factors to be considered here

but stanard to standard the 106 would hand you your ass on a plate

I agree with that aswell, my sisters 106 GTI wastes my Valver all the time. Not good seeing your younger sister pass with such ease.

Think I might pull out one of her ignition leads, she wont have a clue.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
so many factors to be considered here

but stanard to standard the 106 would hand you your ass on a plate

Yours is a Flat one though Dude-thats accepted on here.Ive been In YOJ whilst Following a GTI-there was no ass handing going on.

Saxo VTS
112236603001.JPG

Peugeot-106-1-6-16V-GTI-XtsK.jpg

look at the shape of the bodies and the bumpers. They look very similar to me.

I'm not saying they are the same car, I'm saying the are BASICALLY the same car (both french)..

I agree, a 1.1 Night and Day and a Williams are basicaly the same car.

Fairly interested in the debate on this one. In the next few weeks im going to start looking for a valver ( i want standard one) and my good mate is in the market for a 106 GTI at the same time.

Ive a really bad, nagging feeling if we both end up with standard cars, despite 17 more bhp (when new at least) he will be quicker.