ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

12K service

hello all

had my 1st service today at renault birmingham and they have come back saying my rear brake pads are at 70% worn only done 12103miles on them im not sure this can be right its not as if i drive the car really hard or brake hard.

i one help cheers people

I had a similar report on my 12k service saying the fronts were fooked. I'm now on 26k on the same pads. Go figure.

Yep, the indepandent who did mine at 12K says the front pads were 75% gone, and I drive like a nun.

M

mij29

mines only done 20k and i had to have new pads and disks on the back?
Are they made of baco foil or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
mij29 said:
mines only done 20k and i had to have new pads and discs on the back?
Are they made of baco foil or something?
Rear diska and pads should last ages its not liek they do much.

M

mij29

edde said:
Rear diska and pads should last ages its not liek they do much.

I think they make some jobs up if they haven't got much on.:mad:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
mij29 said:
I think they make some jobs up if they haven't got much on.:mad:

^^^ I think your right . They tell you that your pads are getting worn with the hope that you will instruct them to change the pads for silly money and extortionate labour costs , and i would imagine the majority of people give them to go ahead to carry out the work .

Pads cost fcuk all , are a piece of piss to change and it doesn't take long to do them .

MY10 R35 GTR
I had mine 12k service the day too. They advised to change front discs and pads.... due to corrosion!!! My ass. And they wanted me to pay. I told them no chance, then they said they would pay for the discs under warranty.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Funnycar55 said:
I had mine 12k service the day too. They advised to change front discs and pads.... due to corrosion!!! My ass. And they wanted me to pay. I told them no chance, then they said they would pay for the discs under warranty.

I hope you took them up on the offer of replacement discs under warranty ? Obviously with free labour . Then change the pads yourself .

MY10 R35 GTR
MRBILLYUK said:
I hope you took them up on the offer of replacement discs under warranty ? Obviously with free labour . Then change the pads yourself .

yep. too rite still dont make much sense how they corroded though!?

other than that the car sounds alot quieter than it did.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Brake discs corrode , fact . Especially on the outer edge where the pad doesn't come into contact with the surface and keep the surface clean .

Nice result that mate , well done ;)

MY10 R35 GTR
hmmm, why they not pick up the rears then?

I knew brake discs corrod especially on the outer edge as you said, but not enough to warrent changing. Got the car in Nov.

But then again who knows how long its been sat in a lock up or whatever waiting to get bought. No matter I got them for free.

Woulda been nicer if they had put on the brembo ones for the 197 instead. lol :)

Isn't a light supposed to come on when they need changing? I'd wait for that unless I was about to go a long distance say on holiday.

artdealer said:
Isn't a light supposed to come on when they need changing? I'd wait for that unless I was about to go a long distance say on holiday.
The light works off the brake fluid level reservior but its not very accurate as at the service they top it up usually. Therfore when it should detech that the level is low ie the caliper extended so far as that the pads need chnaging the fluid level is normal height.