ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

12v socket

2003 Clio 172 cup
This seems to only work with the cigarette lighter, tried 2 different chargers and a tyre inflator and they don't work.......

Any ideas?

Also whats the little hole next to the socket for? Looks like an Aux input?

Cheers
Kenny

172 cup- suzu rf600r
its weird if its working with the lighter clearly getting power, i sometimes have to twist chargers round a certain way to get them to work, have you tried keeping it pressed in and twisting it 360 degrees?

as to the wee hole, the only thing on mine like that is the red alarm LED

2003 Clio 172 cup
Yep tried all that. Even tried cleaning it out. It's pretty coroded inside. It's as if the pins that come out the bottom of the plugs aren't making proper contact with the bottom of the socket??

Isn't the alarm led on the dash clocks??

172 cup- suzu rf600r
ye its back and to the left, you can take that whole bit off its just clips, the led is just pushed into a small black clip from underneath and its easily pressed out by accident. if you hang on 5 mins il put a pic up

for the socket, again that bit of interior is just popped in you can remove it by taking out the ashtray then pulling where the ashtray was up then towards you (pull side nearest the gearstick), then its just a plug on the back of the socket take that off and you should be able to access it to clean the corrosion off/inspect, use a bit of sanding paper and WD, if it still doesnt work i guess a new one from scrappys?

172 cup- suzu rf600r
08012011025.jpg

2003 Clio 172 cup
Nice one. That's exactly what's there. I looked down the hole with te car locked and could see the led flashing away.

As for lighter I'll get it out and clean it properly.

Cherrs

Wow cheaper than I thought! Mine is a little dodgy and has to be twisted a certain way for the device plugged in to work.

Oh and mine doesn't light up around the orange ring and I believe it is supposed to?

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Wow cheaper than I thought! Mine is a little dodgy and has to be twisted a certain way for the device plugged in to work.

Oh and mine doesn't light up around the orange ring and I believe it is supposed to?

its lit up by a t5 wedge capless, right little basterd to get out it is. i broke my holder a bit doing it.