ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

145k Service! Few guides please

SchwepTek™
Hi all,

So my 172 cup is about to hit 145k miles...

I'm doing the usual oil and filters, also plugs and aux belt.

I know its easy on a cup but does anyone have a guide for the aux belt?

Also reading that fuel filter is needed at 150k miles but not easy to do yourself?

330i. E30 Touring.
Aux belt on a cup couldn't be simpler tbh.

Drivers wheel off. Headlight and bumper off just for vision/access.

Just make sure the belt is routed the same as before and the longest side of the belt won't rotate more than 90 degrees and you'll be laughing.

Megane 225 f1
Its in the fuel tank and part of the sender unit i believe. Pull up back seat and take off the plastic cover then unscrew the sender securing ring, disconnect fuel pipes and loom and gently pull the sender unit out be careful not to bemd the float on the bottom. Make sure if you do change it, the tank is almost empty of fuel as they warp when the ring gets taken off the top.

53 Clio's & counting
I have seen 172 and 182's with a external fuel filter mounted just before the fuel tank on the passenger side.

Literally no theme though, my first ph1 had it, 3 others didn't, my old racing blue 182 did but our liquid yellow didn't lol

SchwepTek™
Hmmmm will have a nosey then.

So I need to replace whole sender unit if not?

Cheers all!

Long time Russ! ;)

SchwepTek™
I'm being dumb.... Anyone point me in the direction of a small torque wrench for the plugs? Mines huge and starts at 28nm.

Also with regards to Aux belt, the workshop manual seems to suggest doing it through wheel arch. Anyone confirm? (Lazy)

accf15e15fcbe768a7efbfccccd8cbe7.jpg

SQ5
Yes, it was said above to go through the arch?

Bit rusty these days Schwep? You used to be tuned in from what I remember!

SchwepTek™
Haha never used to do any of the work myself! Trying to learn!

It was said to go through arch but to take taker bumper and light off which I can't be bothered to do.... :)