ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15’s on a 182

Boxster S

Before I waste some money on ebay, are 15 inch wheels big enough to go round the discs on a 182? Does anybody have any experience on this?

Cheers!

Ziel Nurburgring

Speak to Omar tomorrow Mark. Had 15" team dynamics on his 182, fit fine but cant remember what he thought of them

Ian

Boxster S

Cheers for the help, this is the quoted wheel size, doesnt mean too much to me!!
WHEEL SIZE 6J X 15 - 4 STUD 100mm PCD

[Edited by Penfold1977 on 25 July 2005 at 7:34pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Penfold1977 on 25 July 2005

Cheers for the help, this is the quoted wheel size, doesnt mean too much to me!!
WHEEL SIZE 6J X 15 - 4 STUD 100mm PCD
PCD 100mm refers to the spacing between the bolts on the wheel and the 4 refers to the amount of bolts . 100PCD 4 is the Clio setup.

6J refers to the width of the wheels in inches ie a 6j is 6 inches wide.

15 refers to the size of the alloy in inches.

You realy need to need the offset of the alloy ie hoe much the mating plate of the wheel is off the center off the aloy as this can affect thr ubbing the wheel might make on the car.

Another thing you need to know is how big the center bore is the Clio is 60.1 mm so you need a bore bigger than that. Thats is often the problem with the Clio as its a big center bore.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

15s on ym 172 cup is so much better than 16s, no more tramlining, torque steer is reduced, cheaper tyres,

ive got et35 team dynamics pro race 1, with 215 rubber, handling is ok but the grip levels is superb

Boxster S

Quote: Originally posted by lawrence on 25 July 2005

15s on ym 172 cup is so much better than 16s, no more tramlining, torque steer is reduced, cheaper tyres,

ive got et35 team dynamics pro race 1, with 215 rubber, handling is ok but the grip levels is superb
Cheers, if you are at the berks meet Ill have a chat to you about it. I think the R19 wheels will fit, aslong as the bore on the 182 is 60.1mm, which I think it will be judging by the post above.

Clio 197

15s will fit...

I had ET45 prorace 2s and they just cleared the brakes.

It all depends on the design of the wheel of course...

Very very nippy on 15s

Acceleration and Braking instantly improved (a bit)... so did cornering... but MPG took a dive.