ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

150 pound to spend ..

Fabia VRS
Well if i can get a amp that can do the same job as the last for less money then why not?

dink has listed an amp thats well below your budget thats gonna be able to do what you want,why do you want to spend less to be worse off

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
try loudest.com on ebay there well cheap and ive some of there stuff, its pretty good for the money imo

Polo + Micra
well it's a 2 channel amp so you would need 2 to run your sub and 6x9's

i was close it's capable of doing 190wRMS

Fabia VRS
so i wud just be able to run the sub off that particular sub ? and the one u recomended can run both ?

Polo + Micra
yeah that is only a 2 channel amp

tbh i can't see you doing better than the first amp i posted

as it is what you need and by a known make

Instead of saying £150, why didnt you just admit you budget was a mince pie and a packet of cheese and onion crips?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
lol! im getting the 3000watt (1000 rms) mono amp and the matching 12" sub! once ive got them ill post pics and review! but if its as good as the stuff ive had before it should be pretty impresive for the price! i fitted my 3000watt amp wiring kit last night and the power lead is pretty fat :D
ive currenty got a gay spl 1000watt amp which is pretty weak and a alpine type r 12" sub!

Polo + Micra
i'd like to see a 1000wRMS sub from the loudest take a true 1000wRMS

also there 3000w wiring kit is just a run of the mill 4 awg wiring kit(not that big tbh)

vaux cavalier
try loudest.com on ebay there well cheap and ive some of there stuff, its pretty good for the money imo

Sorry mate, it's actually pretty average for the money....Or rather they quote extortionate RRPs to make the gullible feel they are getting a cheap bargain.....

i think there good to be fair! my mates setup has lasted years!

Reliability only becomes an issue if you drive it hard at near full power....If the amps are conservatively set then they will last quite well....But that simply defeats the whole point when the purchase is solely based on exagerated figures....

lol! im getting the 3000watt (1000 rms) mono amp and the matching 12" sub! once ive got them ill post pics and review! but if its as good as the stuff ive had before it should be pretty impresive for the price! i fitted my 3000watt amp wiring kit last night and the power lead is pretty fat :D
ive currenty got a gay spl 1000watt amp which is pretty weak and a alpine type r 12" sub!

You really are a novice aren't you....

Ignore the bumph written by the marketing dept, they are simply a budget brand that aren't really all that cheap when you compare them to other budget brands....

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
yes they are a budget brand but the chap said he only has £150!
now i dont like to spend alot on audio equip as ide rather spend it on bodywork. so when i have a spare £100 ill use them if im after upgrading something. im not saying there the best but for the money i think there very good on a budget.

vaux cavalier
yes they are a budget brand but the chap said he only has £150!
now i dont like to spend alot on audio equip as ide rather spend it on bodywork. so when i have a spare £100 ill use them if im after upgrading something. im not saying there the best but for the money i think there very good on a budget.

I think your missing the point mate....They are a budget brand which is extortionately priced, whilst advertising huge power claims which they can't achieve....As such they can only be described as pretenders or wannabes....

The OP stated he required an amplifier to drive a single sub plus a set of 6x9s....The easiest way to achieve this is with a 4ch amplifier....

You recommended a 2ch amplifier which doesn't appear to be compatible with tri-mode operation....

I would go with either the JBL linked to by Mr Dink or this cheaper alternative from the same retailer, GTO 4000 ....