ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15mm FK spacer bolt to hub type issue

Clio 182 Trophy
Went to fit some FK 15mm wheel spacers to my brothers clio this morning only to find out that the standard bolts are too long and bottom out on the hub, these spacers are the bolt to hub type and from what i read on here you just bolt them to the hub then bolt the wheel onto the spacer using standard bolts.

The standard bolts on his car seems to be 24mm in length and from what i measured on his standard renault alloys he has 20mm sticking out of the back of the wheel so i would imagine i need to find some 19mm wheel bolts. I have had a look on demon tweeks and the shortest they do is 22mm so has anyone else had the same issue and how have you go around this?

Clio 172 RS2
So what you saying is you have flat spacers?
Instead of hub centric spacers... in that case you just need longer wheelnuts!

Clio 182 Trophy
Yer that's what I'm going to do, I found some 19 mm bolts but there a tad expensive so tomorrow out comes the grinder to take off 5mm. There hubcentics btw and there the bolt to hub then bolt wheel to spacer type but I think its down to the alloys that are fitted to my brothers Clio and its a non sport model btw, there is only 4mm that sits in the alloy of the thread so too much thread sticks out of the wheel. So basically I have 20mm of thread to fit into a 15mm deep hole.

e92 330i
Yep its the spacer is just to small, might be better off buying new bolts from tweeks, only £1.60 each and when you go back to standard you'll have your original bolts still!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Aren't the bolts that hold the spacer on the hub different from those that hold the wheel on the spacer? :S

Clio 182 Trophy
Yer the bolts that hold the spacer to the hub are really strange never seen somthing like it before and they come with the spacer but there not the issue its the standard wheel bolts that i found were too long, im going to do what was mentioned above going to get some 22mm long bolts from demon tweeks and grind them down will only need to take off around 3mm then.