ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15mpg and oil smells of fuel?

Clio 182 FF
I did a track day yesterday an averaged 15mpg (which seems low to me even on track) and the oil is thin and smells like it has fuel in it. Is this normal after a track day or is something a miss?

The previous owner claimed it had been cam'd but nothing to me suggests that it has.

If your oil has fuel in it, that's not ideal - quick way to a scrap engine. Does your car burn any oil, any blue smoke? Could be excess fuel getting through the piston rings if they're worn, oil would come the other way, so you'd soon be able to tell.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
we got a 172 cup down to 12mpg round bedford last year, nothing wrong with that. Fuel in the oil however needs addressing immediately, get it that changed and get diagnostics done to check the live functionality of the lambda

Clio 182 FF
Hardly burnt any oil tbh, and no blue smoke out the back (makes a change from all the hondas I've had).

When I've had it in storage i recall it smelling rich on start up i guess it could well be the 02 sensor?and/Or possibly the map had been played with, is there any sure way to tell?