ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16" or 17" Ultraleggeras?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've been offered either 16" Ultraleggs in anthracite, or 17" Ultraleggs in matt black.. would 17"'s have any adverse effects on handling etc over 16"'s?

Really prefer the matt black wheels, but if they're gonna screw the handling overly then I don't mind the anthracite 16"'s

RS Meg 175
Anthracite 16's all the way! 17's look to big unless the car is slammed, they will slow the car down, ruin handling, and throw out the speedo :)
16" for show 17" for slow :)

SLK32///AMG & 330ci sport
it makes me laugh when people say go for 16's cos it handles better and the speedo with be out if you have 17's:D

i can honestly say that there is no noticable difference at all when you change from 16" to 17" as far as handling goes, ride quality is affected but only very slightly due to the lower profile of the tyre.

after i fitted a set of eibachs i can honestly say the handling was improved and the look of the car too, well worth the change IMHO

as for the speedo being out, have a look below at the rolling circumference below, there is only 6mm in it, if anything it will give you a truer reading ;)

here are the 2 sizes you are looking at fitting-

195/45/16

and

205/40/17

key them in here to see the results-

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

hope this helps you make a more informed decision! :)

Last edited:
  Mégane RS
only have pictures of supperleggeras

carwheels2.jpg

carwheels1.jpg