ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16" Tyres

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
I am sure that this has been done to death (I have looked back and there has been a few chats mainly about PS3's, which I cannot really see anymore) but the tyres on my PH2 are a hodge podge of a mixture and are stamped 2015 too so well past their best so I am looking for replacements.

I am thinking either Rainsport 5's or ZV7's all round but open to other suggestions (I know tyres are very subjective) and up in the NE of Scotland the weather is damp and pish from this point until May usually.

The car is not a daily runner and will be doing maybe 2-3000 miles a year so not mega miles as the rainsports wear quick.

Cheers

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Thanks, these look a bit more of a track focused tyre? It something more everyday use I am after I think

Rainsport 5's 100% in NE Scotland. I use them for wets on my track car and they are very good, however they are quite soft side walled, so depending what tyres you came from they may feel a little dull on turn in. You can always up pressures to help combat this though.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Don't the XL rated tyres have a stiffer side-wall and suffer less issues?

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Thanks it’s Hankook Ventus on the back and Goodyear Efficientgrip on the front but both seem far past their best with the dot codes of early 2016 late 2015