ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v clio kinocking noise puzzled

ok,

story i have a 16v clio with a willy lump in which is re-con (4000 miles)

gearbox rebuilt 3000 miles ago

in the last six month it has had new

steering rack and column

bearings all round

ball joints

struts and springs (-40mm)

discs and pads, starter motor, alternator, pas pump, brake hoses

the car has done 110k though

i have been getting a knocking noise for about 3 week now, when travelling in a straight line upto 70 no noise, after 70 vibration through the footwells and car sounds like a helicopter if sitting at say 80, but if at any speed above 70 i accellerate the vibration goes away until i sit at a constant speed or slowing down (bangs like mad), when changing lanes left to right no noise at any speed, right to left at any speed banging knocking and clicking, could this be the cv joints or drive shafts, if so will drive shafts off a 1.9d clio mk1 fit a 16v

if changing

sounds fun..............do you get a knocking or clunking noise if you put the steering on full lock & drive round in circles ?? (both ways)

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

You say you have replaced bearings all round. Take it you mean wheel bearings as when my front passenger side bearing went it made a noise like this at aboout 60-70.

Sounds similar to mine!

My valver makes a clunking noise and when car is in drive slowing or accelerating. Ive had one driveshaft replaced and all bearings so far but my dogbone engine mount is also broken/rubbers perished - getting fixed right now so will let you know if this cures it.....