ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v clutch

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

I am having a bit of trouble putting the car into gear from standstill, once Im on the move its ok.

Is the clutch cable stretched and therefore needs replacing or am I looking at a new clutch?

BTW. The clutch isnt splipping.

Thanks

James

James,

i have this problem. unless my car is at a total standstill i have to fight at times to get it in first gear!! all over gears are fine, and so is my clutch. However when my clutch cable snapped, and i had to replaced it.. i found first gear slipped in fine!! and was perfect for about 2 weeks. Sadly the first gear germlin come back shortly after.

its something to do with the clutch not disengaging correctly... its self adjusting so it makes it a right b*****d of a job. i hear Renault sell a new pedal that was designed to cure this problem, aswell as the consistent clutch cable snapping issue. Should have been a recall, however you know what renault are like in turn charging you £98.00 all in to get it done!!

i just learned to live with it, use 2nd if you drop below 7mph...

it you do find another way of correcting it however.. please let me know.

Cheers

James