ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v cylinder head skimming...

wats the maximum amount i could skim the f7p head by to increase the compression ratio. is it possible to increase it to 11:1 jsut by head skim or wud high comp pistons be needed?

i no the need for 98ron fuel wud be needed, but i run that anyways.

jimbo

Hey Jimbo..

Hows tricks mate? Not a clue about the pistonhs TBH, Im sure Chris will though, was it you that offered me the driveshaft on RSC? Ive sorted that gaiter but could do with swapping one of the shafts I think, shall get Chris to have a look tomorrow! ;)

Jeeze, i dont know any specific figure.

Youll have to measure the CC of the chamber it is now, add the cylinder volume, gasket gap volume and divide it by the chamber volume plus the gasket/squish area volume to get your CR volume.

Then skim till you get what you want, but you dont want to skim too much as youll have this huge squish area, sharp endges which will need to be rounded, dont get too close to the valve seats, make sure the head studs dont bottom out...

Loads of bits to check.

Plus using high CR pistons, they come with awful crown shapes and valve pockets..........lol.......

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Renault do not recommend any head skimmimg on this engine. Do it at your own peril!

Bob RTE