ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v Engine question

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

What other engines can fit in the 16v?

Apart from

5 turbo
williams
Volvo engine.

What about megan lump or anything else?

megane bottom end will go with a 16v head !! new 172 wont because of the size of it !! Cant think of any others !! Engine transplants are a bit OTT u may aswell buy the better car as the insurance will be a killer !!

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Just that my gearbox has blown up and my engine is on 100k as well. Not sure what i should do!!

clio 20v

beauty of the 2.0 megane bottom end or willy conversion is that u dont have to tell the insurance the f7p engine number can even be swapped over

2.0 is the way to go

adi

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Getting a megane bottom end is alot easier to get hold of than a willy lump.. but is slightly more expensive i think?

the 172 lump should go in, but youll need to junk the std fueling system as the inlet manifold curls over the top of the cam cover....its not to tall without that monstrosity of an inlet manifold.

apart form that, the F7R megane bottom end goes in easy, been discussed a kabillion times so a search will tell you everything you need ot know.