ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v insurance advice - unlimited mods

Right, im now looking to buy a valver, and have heard a bit about the unlimited mod policies offered. Im 20 with 2yrs NCB, so i know the insurance will be high! Can anyone give me a bit more detail on them please? As in who offers them and what mods are actually included (im assuming no engine mods?). Im not likely to touch the engine that much anyway (he says....).

Anyway any details/advice greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Jon

Supposedly liverpool victoria do a deal whereby you pay an extra 10% and then you can do whatever you like to the engine, (except changing the engine) and its covered as long as you keep receipts!!! Try them search for them on google, they have a website with rough quotes but call cos apparently sometimes they rough quote really good prices then refuse to cover.

LV covered me for any mods except increasing the displacment ( ie a 2.0 swap) which is sound for most people...

they tell you to have a proof of purchase if you want to claim for the work you have had done, so in theory if you spent thousands on the car getting it all sorted they will pay up if you have proof you did it - photos are a good plan to prove the condition if its good.

best to ring them, they seem to be different for everybody.

If youre not going to touch the engine then I dont know what you want to modify - most people are very happy with a bonnet bulge, fat arches and big bumpers!

Cheers guys, appreciate the info.

Ben H - If i can do literally anything then i will. However alloys, exhaust and lowering are all on the cards. My current company refuse to insure me if i get it lowered! I hear what your saying though, im not a big bodykit guy really anyway. By the way is it your buying guide? Really been useful if so - cheers.

Jon

Toureg vW Transporte

Phone HIC mate and speak to them, they are good and offer free trackday insurance, no is 08451290290

Wheres the additonal 10% come from? I got the same spiel as Clio16vPaul, anything but increase in displacement.

Id phone them, mine was cheaper there and i got a 30% discount for being a member of the CSMA

-Rob