ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v Owners!

Dont ever sell it!!!!

Me and my friend Both owned clio 16vs and both of us regret selling them! Although we both have new cars they just aint the same, He now owns a Civic type R but we were talkin about the 16vs the other day and both agree they were the best cars we have owned!!....

Prehaps the cup will grow on me a bit more!..but the 16v was the nuts....

Respect to the 16v owners (and the willys)

Cheers mate,

ive had it 6 months and really like it,

i dont think that it gets the respect it deserves and a lot of people underestimate them.

wouldnt mind a 172 tho (aswell)

honest and kind words dude!

I was considering selling mine recently but have finally seen the light!

there just sooooooooo good!

wow that does mean a lot coming from someone that has a cup and a CTR guess pace aint everything. guess if u really really really love clios the best upgrade is to purchase a willy

ive had two years of excellent ownership but hey everyone has to move on, only down side is talkin to gimps that dont know cars, my car got called a willy wanabe the other day. wanted to kick the sh*t out of the kid aswell.farrrrrrking pissed me off badly. but hey ins is cheap

wongy

Quote: Originally posted by weight on 18 January 2003

honest and kind words dude!

there just sooooooooo good!

Well said, valvers rock !.Makes a pleasant change from this my cars better than yours bullsh*t !

All credit to you sir.

Bill.

Cant see me ever selling mine. Just isnt worth it in terms of the love, time and expense my 16v has had.

Oh, and they dont make em like they used to you know. Have you seen a manufacturer make another wide-arch, bonnet scooped, homologated car recently?

well if a cheap willy cam up id be tempted to get one just coz of the club. think the club and people associated with it are decent

but think i want something bigger and faster now

wongy

yeah i agree everyone has to move on but im sure you will regret it!

Has anyone on here had a 16v or willy, moved on and not regreted it?

Ive had mine for 5 years now, and I still cant find anything on the roads that looks equally as good, or performs as well.

The Clio 16v is probably one of the best cars Renault ever made.

:):D:D

lol

i dont know of any valver drivers that have changed their cars yet. ill let you know when i sell mine

i do like my car. its the first real performance car ived owned and it has served me well.just i need a bigger and faster car now, only down side is its hard to find a garage willing to work on it

dave77

yeah one of their best cars but hey its the only one thaat did not get the recongnition it deserved

wongy

this all provides a problem to the first time valver buyers cos all the mint ones are going to be kept forever and ever.....

I want a sierra cossie next but i shall deffo be keeping the valver!:D

Quote: Originally posted by FunkyASFunk on 18 January 2003

Has anyone on here had a 16v or willy, moved on and not regreted it

As I posted a while back...I very nearly sold my Williams. A guy knocked me down from the 7k I was asking to 6.8k....I nearly sold it, he left a deposit. I took it out the night before he was due at my house with the rest of the dosh, for a final drive. Had a couple of chimps in RS Turbos think they had it, showed them how mistaken they were to try it on with a williams, said to my Mrs......I cant sell this......bloody happy I didnt now.

Quote: Originally posted by FunkyASFunk on 18 January 2003

Has anyone on here had a 16v or willy, moved on and not regreted it?
Miss it badly, It was the only car ive owned that the moment Renault released it I had to have one. All my other cars have been spur of the moment purchases........DAMN YOU VW FOR OFFERING ME SUCH A GOOD PART EXCHANGE, I BLAME YOU ENTIRELY!!

I loved everything about my 16v, from the way the bonnet buldge was offset to one side, to that pointless little badge on the door that matched the interior pattern.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Happy Days.

DONT SELL YOU VALVER.....YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Yeah, but theres a fine line between love and hate. Today I hate it. Need to replace the track rods and noticed today that the anti roll bar linkages have sheared off on both sides. fcuker.:mad:

I know what you mean, I could have sold it there and then the day my rear engine mount went and f**ked up my Magnex exhaust, but the good times far outweigh the bad with a Clio 16v.

:(:(:(:(:(

Ahhh happy days, Thanks Ben,:) .

A very fine example of a Phase II with leather if ever I saw one.

Take my advice....Dont ever sell it.

Very nice Ben, not many of those about, Ive only ever seen one on the road. Is it on standard rims?

Another nice example Weight.