ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v White Dial Kit Fitting..

Well, my sis has brought me a set of white dials for my valver for my birthday!! Good girl!!

Has anyone else here changed them cos i havent got a clue how to go about fitting them!! Just been having some visions of taking the whole dash apart, then putting it back wrong and messing up electrics etc!!

Lastly, has anyone changed the dash lights to glow a different colour from the manky orangey glow??

Cheers

Yeah Ive changed mine twice. You do have to strip the dashboard a bit to get at the clocks.
When you change your dials, youll have nice red and green numbers, instead of sh*tty orange ones, so no need to change the bulbs at the back.

Its not a good job!
You really have to take your time doing it. The needles will come off but you run the risk of braking them! so its up to u. can be done with the needles on but a bit harder.
The dash comes apart easy and goes back on just as nicely.

How you get green and red numbers????
Mine are still orange?
You got lockwood dials?

Tony

Ive managed to get hold of some old lockwood dials, and the mphs are in red, and the kphs are green. Looks the biz.

Was going to try to fit them BUT(!) apparently (according to Lockwood!) 16vs with SAGEM dials CANNOT BE REPLACED!?!?

Has anyone else had this problem??

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Yeah i bought some but my Dials were Sagem - apparently they will go on, but you have to cut them out and stuff - i just sent them back and ordered a cheapy Mountney Steering wheel instead!!

Yeah they do need cuttin a bit. And ill think you will find that most 16v dials are SAGEM! Dont make sence dose it?

Tony

I had sagem dials and even though the lockwood kit said not suitable I thought I could make them fit.
I was wrong, spent ages getting them right - would have been okay but I accidentally broke the speedo needle.
Ended up needing a set of clocks from breakers at £70.
Send them back.

Yeah, Lockwood are really f***ing useful on this. Ended up having a 30 minute conversation with them about it about 6 months ago....They had no idea. We then concluded that they would not fit...(I obviously already knew this or wouldnt have called them!!) If you have a Clio 16v and want to fit white dials...check to see if the main unit is jagier/Veglia or Sagem. If it aint Sagem they will fit as not all Clios come with Sagem main dial unit. It will tell you below the MPH sign on the speedo.