ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17’s on a 16v

hi ppl, ive been offered a set of 17s wiv good tyres for a good price,

first of all they came off a 172, would they be the same fitment on my 16v

second is that the car hasnt been lowered so will i get away wiv the wheels fitting ok, thanks

Punto/Clio GTT

depends. if your gonna just lower it your gonna have to buy 2 springs and do the torsion bar, 2 springs 60 mil set you back 60ish pound devilvered. torsion bar is an hour job, got anyone who can do it for you? if not, im guessin a garage would charge 30? 40 quid?

FM

what sort of turning circle would i get wiv 17s on, am i gonna have to put sum sort of stops inside my arches to stop the wheels pulling them off

Punto/Clio GTT

doubt youll get it on full lock with 17s.. i could be wrong. turnin circle will not be upto much and also ride qulity will be piss poor. will feel every slight bump in the road due to the low profile of the tyres. good if you like that sort of thing.

FM

Punto/Clio GTT

few people on here with 17s on valvers. they usually go for coilovers. but then your looking at 500 pound +

im sure theyll give you some reviews

FM

Punto/Clio GTT

theres a bloke on here adams_16v i think his name is, yelow 16v, 17s runnin on coilovers, sure when he, or someone gets on, theyll tell you how good they are.

LY 200

Hey mate my valvers on 17s and down 60mm with a sub in the boot and no scrapage at all!!!:D

Cost me £50 for the springs and £100 for the labour!!!