ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17/18yr with 1.2 dynamique? insurance help!!

hi there, iv just sold my mk1 as i am planning to get a 1.2 dynamique. Im 17 atm, 18 in march but i havnt been driving a year so i dont have any ncb. I hadnt thought of really getting an insurance quote before, as i thought with a 1.2 i would have no problem, but i have looked everywhere and i cant find anything cheaper the £1900 fully comp!! i am shocked!! iv saved up for the car, and now the insurance is just going to cripple me! is there any1 on here with a 1.2 dynamique and is 17/18 with ncb??if yes how much are you paying??

any help aprechiated

ben

Clio DCi 65
Im in the same boat mate but im on mums insurance for 250!

Hopefully going fully comp in January so i can get some NCB's!

£1900 is looadds!

BG182®
when i had my 1.2 16v my insurance was 1600 tpff at 17. but now im 18 i was getin quotes for arounf 1400 full comp on elephant and thats with no NCB's and a lince for 10 months. try them if u aint already mate

Try Quinn direct, they take into account if you have any named driving experience. 8 Months driving experience and I'm paying 1300 fully comp.

yeah im with quinn direct atm, and that is where i got the quote for £1900 and i have 7 months driving experience!!

elephant just quoted over £3000, surely there is something i am doing wrong?

cgfd.gif

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
try tesco mine was 729 at 18

some reason gone up over £100 this year even though ive got 2 years no claims

timmay, cheers but i have tried both, autotrader was 2500, and confused gave me the quinn direct quote of £1900

taylor- thanks, iv just tried tesco and it came to £1700 on the tesco value insurance, the best yet!!

:rolleyes:

Blue Clio 182
That is sooooo much no wonder people go round with no insurance!!

have you tried Norwich Union they are good for young drivers, my insurance was £600 for 1.2 but i didnt pass until i was 21 tho

my first year on 2005 1.2 dynamique, fully comp with tesco - £1850

im renewing soon, will have 1 yrs ncb, pass plus, a year older... they said its going to be around the £850-900 mark. huge drop in a year

Blue Clio 182
I cant believe how much some of you guys pay!! for a 1.2 aswell

mines £587 now on 55 plate dynamique and ive only bin driving a year!!

Monaro VXR
I cant believe how much some of you guys pay!! for a 1.2 aswell

mines £587 now on 55 plate dynamique and ive only bin driving a year!!

Benefits of having tits.

But on a serious note hasn't insurance just gone up for young drivers 40% hike or something. Wasn't there?

I know my quotes back at 18 were stupid and the ones I had last year wee stupid when I lived in my apartment. As soon as I said I lived in city centre Manchester that was it they just started adding numbers to my quotes. My C4 went from £800 to £4300. My 1.2 clio at the time was just short of £3k.

Now moved back in with the parents for a while. My insurance is down to £740

Audi TT 3.2 V6
make sure you add both your parents as named drivers on your policy, will bring the cost down quite alot as the insurance company will see them as a lower risk and will reduce ur quote

1 Series Coupe
Tesco... 17... 1.2 Dynamique... £1700.... mate of mine lives in same road, is 18, same car.. 1yr ncb.. his went down to 1100 with tesco!

BG182®
yeah im with quinn direct atm, and that is where i got the quote for £1900 and i have 7 months driving experience!!

cgfd.gif

blimey. try adding your mum to the quote that somehow knocks some off. when i do my quotes with my dad on them it takes off bwt 300-400

mk 2 1.2 8v

cgfd.gif

£3000 from elephant?? i've just switched to them today im 18 and and ive got 0 NCB one claim and one conviction (TS10) £918, i was with admiral for £1010 but with the mods im planning for the car admiral would have put it up to £1400 and elephant only puts it up to £1080

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i payed £1800 for my first policy with norwhich union at 17 for 8 months, then renewed at £1050 other month, thats with 1 ncb still at 17 currently.
i had quote of up to £4500 when i went for my first policy when i was shopping around, i did manage to get one for about £1250 with no ncb, but that was with a crappy backstreet company, and didnt want to risk anything if i did crash!

'52 clio 1.2 16V
make sure you add both your parents as named drivers on your policy, will bring the cost down quite alot as the insurance company will see them as a lower risk and will reduce ur quote

i've tried that on every online quote i've applied for and it actually adds money on. all-be-it about £4.

i'm in the same boat mate. 17, 1.2 16v, 0ncb & i cant find a quote for less than £2k

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im £1,100 a year with Direct Line on my own policy on my 1.2 16v with my mum as a second driver.

im 17 with 8 months driving experiance, with pass plus, this saved me 25%

T

thecremeegg

Tbh its prob cos ur all driving new ish cars!! most ppl i know have an older car til their 20+.....none of this new car rubbish cos theres no point lol

but yea, im nearly 20 - next years quote on my 98S 1.4 is £423 fully comp.....my 1.1 G reg fiesta was £1200 3rd party when i was 17!!! ridiculous

Cheapest I could get was 1800 at 18 with 1claim 0ncb in a high risk area. That was with sainsburys. Went down to 1000 the year after and 780 this year. Supermarkets are usually the cheapest for me.

Punto Evo Abarth
i had a 1.6 03 when i was 18, (hadnt been driving a year) cost me 2100. :| long story as to why but meh (no convicitons or claims btw), anyway, phone norwich union they definately quote me happy this year! 800/900 for 9 months (about 1100 for a year) everyone else whats 2500!!!! Seriosuly, go give them a call.

EDIT: as my mum as 2nd driver as she uses my car sometimes :)

would it be pointless insuring it at someone elses address?? iv got it down to £1600 at my nans address:eek:

Audi TT 3.2 V6
very pointless....eg the car gets stolen from your house it wont take a genious to figure out that you dont actually live at that address....you can say bye bye to any money from the insurance company and may be charged with insurance fraud in worst case scenario

Peugeot 306 HDi
Hey

I did the same as you (i.e. bought a Dynamique), except I have 1 Year's NCB (touchwood!) and Churchill is 850. My old 1.2 Club Med was £1250! Both fully comp. Can you hang on until you have a year? It's worth it... Btw the Expression was 790 - that might be a better bet.

hey buddy, thanks for that. Yeah im looking at a dynamique 2mrw but iv come to the conclusion that i am going to go on my dads insurance, with direct line so i still get my no claims, it worked out about £950. I refuse to pay double that for a 1.2!! oh and i would never get an expression, expression = :dead:

Audi TT 3.2 V6
hey buddy, thanks for that. Yeah im looking at a dynamique 2mrw but iv come to the conclusion that i am going to go on my dads insurance, with direct line so i still get my no claims, it worked out about £950. I refuse to pay double that for a 1.2!! oh and i would never get an expression, expression = :dead:

lol nout wrong with an expression