ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 + 18yr old

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

How much dop you think it would be for insurance for an 18 yr old with a 172 or 182,Or do you actually think ill get cover,I probably wont be getting one ontil im 19 ,do you think itll be more than £2500

Thanks

You will get insured theres another 19yr old Cup owner on here but he paids £4k for cover and thats limited milag I think under his name and he has yrs of NCB.

It will be about 3k at best Id say but it will depend on other drivers on the policy if its under your name (I DONT suggest you lie about whos policy holder as that person is supposed to be the main driver no use making yourself an extra driver with your dad etc as the main driver and you drive it all the time as it illegal and might void your insurance).

It will also depends on where you live your NCB limited milage policy mods, if your mattier with own house etc.

Just bought a 182 Im 20 with 2 yrs NCB, and insurance just cost me £2064 with admiral, thats with my girlfriend as a second driver aswell, it was £800 more before i put her on, insurance is strange!?

I got my 182 when i was 18...

Just turned 19 now..!

Nobody would touch me with my 1 yr driving and NO years claims...Best i got was 3400 with elephant...and thats 18 no bonus

[Edited by Kiev85 on 12 September 2004 at 11:06pm]

Hi J,

If you have a car then get yourself on an "Accelerated bonus scheme" after 3years you have 60%.

Im 20 and pay £2500 FULLY COMP for my Clio V6 and they would only take into account 50% of my bonus.....................they are one of the few companies who dont recognise the Accelerated scheme but nearly all do.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Stuart

Oh and it helps if you can keep a clean licence;)

@20 with 2 yrs no claims my 10month premium with elephant was £1100 which i found incredible it was coming out at like £1600 so i rang up ready to pay it and it came up at just over a grand almost bit the birds arm off on th eother end of the phone to get it at that price. You can get it you just have to ask yourself if its honestly worth paying upto £3k? i certainly wouldnt but maybe u have more oney than me

One other thing J....................instead of phoning around just go onto http://www.confused.comwww.confused.com and that will give you a good guide within a matter of minutes and youll get quotes from loads of companies.

Stu

Well midge I just work for my car..................but its worth it..................the V6 doesnt have to be fast (but it is) the reaction of everybody who sees it worth every penny eh.

Stuart

[Edited by stusV6 on 13 September 2004 at 10:42am]

i am 18 and have a 1.2 : |

i did have an ax gt which was a finished project and had sh*t loads of engine work done to it, but to insure it i would have had to sell my anal virginty to a very desperate and rich man.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Ok thanks guys for the info ,I only have a 1.2 at the minute but am planning on going for most probably a 172 early next year:)

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Could anyone tell me (whos 18 and got a 172) what the cheapest insurance quote they got and who with,as ive ran around a few and used confused and the cheapest i get is just over £7,000:eek:

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

but isant that illiegal because your actually using the car more than her:confused:

i know its not a 172 but im 18 with a williams 3 it costs £2500 on 10 month accelerator with elephant with me mum and dad on the insurance without it would cost another £500

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by midge on 13 September 2004

i would have had to sell my anal virginty to a very desperate and rich man.
tried MikeC???? hes desperate, dunno about the rich bit!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Day^ on 22 September 2004

Quote:

Originally posted by J273 on 22 September 2004 but isant that illiegal because your actually using the car more than herhttp://www.cliosport.net/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif

Only if you are a named driver on her policy.

To be honest most insurers wont touch you until your at least 21 id reckon. If they did at some silly cost would it really be worth it?
you are the main driver, put your mum as a named driver, policy is in your name

I found that Renault were the cheepest im 23 and just upgraded from a clio 1.2 to a 172 i have no no claims bonus (accident last year) they let me upgrade my insurance so i didnt lose the 7 months i had already. i had a quote of £1444

You lot have to much money to throw about!!!

Im 21, drive a 1.2 and pay £700ish with my mum on the insurance. I think thats high! How the hell are you affording to pay for a 182,172,V6 whatever and insurance!!!!

Crazy sods!

Hey Guilbert...................it might be crazy but it FUN o yeah...................you only live once eh:cool:

Stu

PS Im the 20year old with the V6:D

172 mk2

19 with a mk2 172

£81.50 a month under my mum with Renault insurance. explained that id be using it mainly and they were fine about it.