ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 advice

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
I have just found out that my mum is selling her house and I'm quids in...........lol.:D

I now need some advice on what to buy or not buy and wether I am going to get a good deal and not get shafted.

I have seen a couple but the price or mileage don't seem to be right and I can't find one I like.

Any suggestions would be greatfull.

Thanx Paul

Cam

182 Cup
Buy mine! lol, You'll know when the right one comes along, just basic checks mate.

Keep an eye on the autotrader and on here it depends what you want. If you want a 172/182 and do long milages with full warently I'd say a 182 Full fat, if you want a track car then a Cup or trophy. If you want to save some money and get the better drive by cable thottle get the Mk1 172.
Everyone has its advanatges.

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
I have at least put a bit of thought and here are my ideas:-

1. Must be full fat
2. Must be at least a 53 plate
3. Lowish mileage
4. If 182 either Baked bean, Petrol blue or Liquid yellow.
5. if 172 not too bothered about colour as long as it's nice.
6. must be modified very little or not at all.

Thats the basics of it all, sounds like I'm being mega fussy but £10G is a lot of money.

K-TecRacer said:
I have at least put a bit of thought and here are my ideas:-

1. Must be full fat
2. Must be at least a 53 plate
3. Lowish mileage
4. If 182 either Baked bean, Petrol blue or Liquid yellow.
5. if 172 not too bothered about colour as long as it's nice.
6. must be modified very little or not at all.

Thats the basics of it all, sounds like I'm being mega fussy but £10G is a lot of money.
53 plate 172 are getting cheap should get one for under £8k with normal mialge there 2 in the trader for 8 with 31 and 34k on them. Should be able to get 400 off. Going private and you looing at £7k.
40k realy helps loosee the car up. Eveyone how has milage will say they get better with miles.

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
Finally I understand what all the talk about baked beans is about lol!!!

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
I am swinging towards liquid gold but if not will have to join the bean club and surrender to their almighty power. :D