ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 bumper, does it sit lower than the 16v bumper?

Punto Evo Abarth
hello, i am looking at getting one of the 182 exhuasts off k-tec. what i want to know is does the rear bumper off a 172/182 sit lower than the 16v one? will i need to change the bumper to fit this exhuast? thanksa lot for your help.

EDIT: I mean does the bottom of the bumper sit sloser to the floor on the 172/182 bumper?

EDIT AGAIN: Also what are these stealth systems ive heard about? do they just fit the same way a standard renault one does (hidden away) If so, What sort of prices are they for a cat back one/where can i get one.

Last edited:
  Chocolate Bar™
when i had a standard 1.2 16v bumper my exhaust sat quite close to it. when i fitted a 172 bumper it practically touched the exhaust so i had to have it adjusted.

so the simple answer is yes, but only by a bit.

a stealth system is a performance exhaust, so it fits exactly the same, but with no visible tailppe. for a 1.6 your best bet would be to go to a powerflow type centre, and pay about £300 for a cat back.

Punto Evo Abarth
ah the great middo sheding his light on all our questions :p im thinking either that or the 182 replica one, Im not 100% sure yet, how much more bhp are they both likerly to give me?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
don't get the 182-look one. it never fits right...especially with the 172 bumper.

as for gains, i'd be surprised if you got any from a cat-back system on your car tbh.

if it were my money, i'd get a custom job made up with a decat. then you can choose which tailpipe option there and then.