ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 182 engine mods

clio 172 cup, 106 gti
id like to see some engine mod pictures just to get an idea of wat 2 go for ex silicone hoses induction kits etc etc thank you

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Just the maxogen for me atm

1sep08050.jpg

A Flamin' Red one
If it's noise you're after mate, get yourself one of these...

th_DSCN1391.gif

DSCN1529Copy.gif

Simota Carbon Aeroform. Get a CAF running to it and you won't notice a loss in power :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
For the price of the maxogen, you could get matched inlets and a custom RSTuner remap. Cheaper, and better gains.

ClioSport 172 Cup
maxogen is waste of time, just another induction kit that doesnt really gain anything over standard airbox but noise!

A Flamin' Red one
those are aweful. take air from nowhere but straight off the radiator, nice and hot.

Which is why I now have a large CAF running directly to it. Rhino17 (IIRC) actually gained 1bph with his when last on the rollers but generally speaking, Induction kits do bugger all anyway except put a smile on your face!

clio 172 cup, 106 gti
there so many on the market at the mo, i love the look of the simota though im goin 4 the blue silicone hoses theme as well, but then i want a bit of gain an a verry sporty sound which might b the maxogen??? duno ive had a m8 with a pipercross he didnt recomend it at all thanks 4 the pics an comment guys really helpin me on the way :) still undersided so ill keep readin sugestions on wat ppl say cheers

Had a Viper with a sh*t cold feed, (see pic)
IMG_0140.JPG

looked ok, but decided to put it too standard partly for insurance reasons. Put an ITG in there and much much prefere it. The standard airbox is well designed by Renault, the induction kits seem to be a bit of con tbh, although obviously I can't speak for the maxogen etc but its costs an arm and a leg so I would never bother.

The chap who mentioned matched inlets & RSremap is dead on, its a no brainer in my opinion if you want an actual performance gain!

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ The holes where the inlets meet are machined so they match, for a smoother air flow.

Someone will probably come along with a detailed explanation soon but that's the main idea :)

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Here is my cups engine bay mate. Blue samcos and a cda, The cda will not give me any gains i would have though but it looks good aswell as sounds good :cool:

S5032385.jpg