ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Front Subframes

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
If/when I do a suspension/bush refresh on the Ph1, am thinking about getting a spare front subframe and getting that shotblasted and powdercoated to swap over at the same time.

Will I need to source a Ph1 front subframe? Do they differ to Ph2 172/182 subframes? Have tried to search but information is not clear. I believe I do need to source a Ph1 subframe as they are slightly narrower than the Ph2 (hence 172 Cup driveshafts being slightly too long for a Ph1) but if somebody could confirm?

As for wishbones, RPD sell Ph1 wishbones (apparently different to Ph2) - but I plan on fitting Cup wishbones and I am sure this is what I fitted to my last Ph1 and they fitted fine, but just want to confirm this is the case and there would be no issues?

Thanks,
Ash

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
You’ll need a ph2 dog bond mount as it’s different to the ph1.
Im not to sure about drive shafts or front roll bar.
on my ph1 I went with 182 subfame, 182 cup driveshafts, 182 cup roll bar, 182 cup hubs. All fits perfectly.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
You’ll need a ph2 dog bond mount as it’s different to the ph1.
Im not to sure about drive shafts or front roll bar.
on my ph1 I went with 182 subfame, 182 cup driveshafts, 182 cup roll bar, 182 cup hubs. All fits perfectly.

I think I might have confused matters in my original post.

Basically, I just want to swap like for like. All I want to do is source a spare subframe so I can powdercoat that and then swap with my existing one.

So I was just asking if the Ph1 & Ph2 subframes are different - sourcing a spare Ph2 subframe is quite easy, but Ph1 subframes are not so readily available.

But you have actually answered my question anyway - they are different (y)