ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Induction kit

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Hi guys,

I was wondering which Induction kit, if any, that you guys and gals have fitted on your 172/182?

This will be the only modification Ill be spending my cash on so I need to pick the right one. Apparently the Viper Induction kit is the most sought after kit for the 172, but it costs around £250+

Im looking for a pretty smart induction roar on acceleration (My Williams 3 at the moment has a HillPower kit fitted and its a fantastic mean sound on revs)

Power increase is obviously on my mind too, but more of a bonus as I just want it to sound tidy for the time being.

Any suggestions please?

ITG maxogen £330 ish

BMC CDA £ 250 +

Pipercross Viper £200 with the cliosport deal

all of the above will give you a good gain

IKs like the normal pipercross £ 60 ish will give a small loss or nothing at all but will give a nice roar !!

Youve bought a performance car it would be a shame to go for anything less than the VIPER, CDA or maxogen !!

if you want a kit then i think CDA or Viper is the way most people go. If not, and you want a performance element to replace the standard one, i think something like an ITG is the way forward.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Maxogen £330?! Wow. Sounds like it could be a great kit in theory if its that price. Has it actually been released yet?

Yeah as dean says go for a panel filter over an open IK anyday !! But as you said you want noise !! A panel filter wont give any increase in noise !! A maxogen will give a slight gain in noise !! The noisiest IK is an open one but these are also the worst for power and cleaning the air !!

Personally id buy a maxogen and get a loud exhaust like a supersprint !!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Yeah thats why I was only considering an Induction kit. As its a new 182 I dont want to harm my warranty by changing bits all over the shop. I was told by my local Renault dealer that changing the Induction kit would mean it would only invalidate my warranty if there was a problem with the inlet, which is very rare with these cars. However, changing the exhaust can apparently invalidate the warranty on a number of issues, so Id be leaving the exhaust as stock for a few months at least ;)

Im getting a varying degree of opinions regarding 182 exhaust notes. Some say its sweet and racey, others say its none existant. I prefer the first opinion! Noise is good :)

Cheers for the Induction kit sources, I reckon Ill plump for a Maxogen or a Viper, unless I get more examples from people who have these things fitted!?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

The BMC CDA is the one to go for in terms of price, performance & quality...

I reckon an induction kit might just be my first mod, itd be handy to know a few peoples power gains from simple bolt on mods such as an IK, IK + Zorst + Remap/ECU etc etc. You can never have too much power after all and a little induction roar never hurt anyone.

;)

I have a BMC on my Cup and it gives a small power gain and nice roar but only really noticeable when you floor the throttle but that could be cos of the Devil zorst note drowning it out.In my opinion the BMC uses higher quality material than the Viper but not much difference between them if fitted properly.

172, Tiguan

Maxogen is £370, my CDA was more than the above figure, but less than £250 :D

and its worth every penny.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Yeah, but at £330+ it is excessive cost for an intake, theres no way it gives 50% more gains than the Viper or CDA.

Especially as the Viper is on offer to Cliosport members at £200.

know id kit will give you any real gains buy just bolting it on you will need a re-map as well my itg filter gave me 13 bhp at 5775 rpm my mates cup with viper got 7 bhp at 5600 rpm work it out...........................with a re map