ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Mpg’s

What sort of Mpg do you guys get on town driving. Ive got a diesel at the mo and know the Clio wont come close but read in Evo that 35 mpg was normal, this correct?

And thats town driving? If it is thats great for a 2.0!!

I had a 306 Gti-6 a while back and that gulped £20 of super unleaded and gave me 90 miles!!!

39 best and 29 worst - the latter having a prolonged motorway attack at 1** mph. changing gear doesnt seem to bother my mpg on my 25 mile route to work. average about 34mpg and I dont hang about

32.4/32.9mpg, Town driving on my "one hundred and eighty two"...

wtf?? the highest i can get is 34.4mpg and thats with that PREMIUM ten pence extra fuel...SO YOU PAY FOR THE EXTRA MILAGE ANYWAY...

I just stick to my crap NORMAL shell, unless im feeling in a cheap safeway/morrisons mood..!!

I just find it hard to believe!! My old 306 Gti-6 was crap on juice. It was like George Best just couldnt get enough of the stuff. Was lucky to get 30 mpg in that. My only problem now is 172 Cup or 182 with cup package!?

I have to say im impressed. I was expecting worse - more so as my engine is only just run-in. whats even better is that it should improve from now also !

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

i get about 27-29mpg round town and about 36-37 on motorway, was exactly the same on my 172. Dont know how everyone gets these amazing figures as i cant get close even driving like an old biddy.

I went to the lake district last weekend from Leeds, there and back i averaged 46mpg!!!!!! Couldnt flipping believe it! Having the girlfriend in the car could have been the cause of this though. "Slow down Max" "Your driving stupidly again" "Theres no need to overtake" etc.

Around town between 30-36mpg, really depends on how im driving it.

over the 1st 1000miles i avarged about 33mpg but then i filled it up again reset it and im now getting about 27 but iv been mostly thrashing it about town and country roads and having some fun in it

tbh if i wanted outstanding mpg i would not have brought a hothatch or a 182 so mpg does not really intrest me at the mo ;)

i consistently get 40.1 mpg driving to work and back everyday.. not bad i can get 350-400 miles if im fairly tight with the revs + acceleration + topspeed. so basically i can fill up (usually £35-£36) travel 10 journeys to work and back and of 5mins of fast stuff on motorway 10 times also + on weekend go out for a play when theres only 50miles left in the tank so its proper rapid beast then !! hehe

best thing to do is get yourself a driving routine. steady away driving to work and on weekends a bit of fun when you have relaxed a bit. that way you save petrol and your licence..

(god im boring)

VaVa

best ever was 41.9 mpg on a 400 mile round trip (out of 1 tank). that was fast motorway driving too....

Average, and I do a lot of short journeys as its only 7 miles to work for me, is still 32 mpg. Which is f**king ace really!!

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 30 August 2004 at 12:53pm]

Clio 172PH2

oh my god!" my best mpg on my 182 is 28.3mpg.....lol most the time its on 28mpg!!! only done 2500 miles in it but god is it thirsty! worth it though!"

Elise/VX220/R26

I just drove to france and back last week, 1200 miles we did, on the way there got 35mpg (this was mainly motorway at about 80-90) on the way back it did 37mpg and that was with a load of booze in the boot, maybe the french petrols better or something lol. Town driving we get about 30 mpg driving normally but you can get it to about 20 if you thrash it

I managed to go to newcastle and back on £30, a round trip of 350 miles with me plus two other people and luggage. This was at 80mph with the odd blat up to about 120ish.

CLIO

it cost me 34 quid from newquay to bolton about 360 mile, what ever that works out to, cant be assed my maths sux..;)

99.9 is my best, as from last night ;) seen it at 22 though.

combined motorway and round town driving slow/fast i get around 37 ish .. atm im doing a full tank test and its sitting at 44.6. does take slow driving to get this.

usually i do a "tank test" and get around 350 miles to £40 of optimax

I dont know how you all manage to get such good mpgs. The best Ive had was 38 (majority motorway) and that was driving like my dad!

Managed to get it down to 17 mpg on the computer once! Involved some silly driving and lots of noise.

I average 28 using Optimax.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i average about 29 with a mix of motorway and town driving using optimax.

my highest is 37 which was driving like miss daisy and my lowest is 18 i think from when i did a trackday

Cant believe all your mpgs! Most of my driving is town / suburban with quick blasts round the m25 and I honestly never see above 25mpg. I always use either optimax or super unleaded and dont drive to madly. Why is this?

Clio 200 Cup packed

done 1600 miles so far, use optimax only,

I run it till the light comes on and reset every fill up

usually averages between 26 and 27 mpg...which aint great but better then the 23 i used to get in my astra...