ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Steering wheel

AB 182 FF
Hey guys,

I just got myself a 182 in pretty good condition all round and one of the only things is the notorious melted steering wheel that it seems is really common.

I'm thinking of replacing it with a good condition second hand one and I was wondering if there's any difference between the wheel of a 172 and a 182?

They look the same but I don't wanna go and buy one off a 172 incase there's any difference in colour or connections etc.

If anyone can shed any light that'd be appreciated.

Thanks! :D

Carl

172 cup
They are the same. You can also get them re-trimmed instead of just replacing it with another one that will eventually melt as well.

AB 182 FF
Probably just being a bit precious but I was kinda hoping to keep it completely original, plus I found a mint one for a good price and can get some money back for mine. Just need to know if it'll work and look right. The re-trims I've seen on here look really well done though.

AB 182 FF
Just clocked your RS Turbo Marc, very nice! My Dad had the white one when I was a kid. I still remember the day he sold it, sad times!