ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 white side lights - An example and fitting guide...

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
This is probably one of the easiest mods you can do to your clio and if you have xenons, it really improves the look over the standard sidelights. Its also very cheap :)

Here is a before an after example:

Before:
sidelight1.jpg

After:
sidelight2.jpg

the bulbs I used were these LED replacement lights from ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320627405249?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Here is the new bulb next to the old bulb:
sidelight3.jpg

How to do it

These steps need to be completed on both sides. The drivers side is a bit of a tight squeeze, so its better if you have small hands. I suggest you do the passenger side first as the access is very easy and you will see what to do a lot quicker.

1. Open the bonnet and secure in the open position.
2. Looking behind the headlight and remove the rubber cap from behind the light assembly (shown below)
sidelight4.jpg

3. With the rubber cover removed, locate the side light bulb, which is situated below the full beam bulb (as pointed out in the image below). Remove the bulb from the assembly by pulling the bulb holder backwards out of the light assembly (it is only pushed).

sidelight5.jpg

4. To remove the bulb form the bulb holder, simply pull the bulb out (again it is only push fit).

5. Insert your new bulb by pushing it into the bulb holder, making sure the blade of the bulb lines up with the connector correctly. The bulb will be difficult to go in, but by rocking if side to side, it will go back in.

6. Replace the bulb and bulb holder back into the light assembly by simply pushing it into the hole you pulled it out from (make sure it goes in fully).

7. Replace the rubber cap.

Enjoy :)

P.S - Mods if you think this should be in the 'guides' section, please feel free to move it :)

One thing I would suggest, is before putting the bulb holder back in the headlight unit and re-fitting the cap, switch your lights on to check the LED bulb works as most need to be the correct polarity. If it doesn't work the bulb is in the wrong way, remove and rotate 180 degrees. Thats personally how I do it when changing the bulbs.