ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 A/C and power steering removal price.

ITB'd MK1
loads of options. depends how ghetto you want to go. Volvo bits, Laguna bits, 172 cup setup..... Even seen the use of bits off a ford which was slightly weird

172 5HED
Cheers boys, just want the cheapest way to do it (dont we all)!

No point me stripping everything and leaving the heavy bits in here ;)

340i
MK2 Clio DCI steering rack

volvo, 172 cup aux set-up

not a bad job to do.. You would need a simlear / same set-up as foxy and whaitey :)

172 5HED
MK2 Clio DCI steering rack

volvo, 172 cup aux set-up

not a bad job to do.. You would need a simlear / same set-up as foxy and whaitey :)

Similar set up in what way pal?

Thanks for the info, will dig it out!

Confused as to the Volvo bit? Would that be the alt? What model volvo would it be mate? And obv the cup aux belt once fitted yeah?

hmh

Renault Clio RS 172 ph1
Ideally it'd be if some garage would want to get removed details in exchange for job done. Aircon must cost something, right? If someone would come to fix their aircon and garage would call you in for parts.

Golf GTD Mk7
kevo66 said:
Similar set up in what way pal?

Thanks for the info, will dig it out!

Confused as to the Volvo bit? Would that be the alt? What model volvo would it be mate? And obv the cup aux belt once fitted yeah?

Pm Burp mate, he put a Volvo alt in, so should be able to help :)

172 Race Car
Please dont pm me, i must get 10 a week about this.

If your removing pas and a/c you can get an alternator and brackets from an 'F' series engined 1.7 Volvo 440 of around late 80's, early 90's vintage. Just the alternator will require an 850 belt. (Some 340 Volvo's had this engine and didnt have pas but are hard to find) You dont want the brackets from an a/c equipt volvo as they are different. If you want to be neat you can use the top bracket from a Mk1 Laguna as this is a bit smaller than the volvo one but identical in mountings.

You can use the volvo pas pump as well but that requires custom pipes to be made up. (and a longer belt) Clio alternator wont fit without alot of hasstle. We have used a saxo electirc/hydraulic pump on our race car and joint the pipe to the clio ones.

Last edited:
  172 Race Car
^ i like that its quite clever. Wouldn't buy one thos coz of the price but im a pikey and love crawling around in scrap yards looking for old volvo's

Is it really worth the hassle and money removing the A/c unless you are a track **** ?
Wouldn't the difference in the real world be marginal ?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Is it really worth the hassle and money removing the A/c unless you are a track **** ?
Wouldn't the difference in the real world be marginal ?

Well if your removing AC and PAS then you loose 16kg's thats like Half a tank of fuel (1 ltr is less than 1 kg)

So it would feel like you only had half a tank when you actally had a full tank.

Not sure if that made any sence but meh!

Beer is bad!!