ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 accurate fuel/coolant gauges?

Hi all,

Two things that don’t seem to be problems *touch wood* but I want a second opinion. :D

I've had the 172 for a couple weeks now and tanked up twice.

First time I was just below the red line on the fuel gauge and only 34ish litres went in.

Second time I was about half a bar above red and the computer said I could do about 43 before needing to fuel (the little "...pump pic"). But just over 30l went in.

Both times the gauge went above the max mark.

So if there’s a 50liter capacity then does that mean when I hit the red line there’s still 20odd litres left?

Is there a way of checking if the fuel tank has been shrunk? I haven’t seen any drips or spills around the car.

The other strange thing is the water coolant gauge when I first picked the car up used to go straight up to temperature (middle mark). Now it takes a good 5mins of driving to slowly creep up to temperature.

Again is that kinda normal?

*edit: ah fail posted in the wrong section. Possible to move to the Faults, Problems & Solutions section?

Last edited: