ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 airbox re-fitting

ph2 172
Well i recieved my standard 172 airbox and it came with a pipercross foam filter but nothing else.
I am looking at replacing the viper currently fitted and want to know what else do i need to replace it?
Btw, the viper came on the car so i dont have any standard parts to put back on only the o/e hose to the inlet.
It looks like i may need a bracket or 2 and another hose (at the back underneath???).
I would appreciate any pictures to help me identify parts and will try and source any at FCS if possible.
cheers Steve

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
You need a bracket, the other two holes are inlets and pipes aren't required

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The bottom pipe would come in handy, otherwise the box is just taking in hot air rising off the block.

The side one can just be replaced with a length of ducting to the acoustic valve area,
but just don't attach it to the thing as it restricts the air flow a little to reduce noise.

Also if you can pick up a silicone bend/elbow cheap, and then an oil breather, that's you system sorted.

This is what the standard system looks like in-situ.

$(KGrHqN,!n0E-vzYJ5UPBPvlM3,K8!~~60_12.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BREAKING-...CarParts_SM&hash=item46040ae300#ht_4421wt_952

ph2 172
thanks guys. looks like i need a few bits n bobs then. gonna have to get upclose and personel to another 172 and see whats what i think.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Right well alot of the East Mids lot are pretty sound, if you join their regional group i'm sure someone close to you
would be up for letting you have a look at the standard setup,
some of them might have slightly modified airbox setups you get some ideas from aswell.

ph2 172
I will have to view a few at FCS this Sunday.
If anyone going has some spare bits they no longer need to help me then I would be most greatful.