ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Bilstein B14 bumpy ride

mx5
Recently bought a 172 non cup with bilstein suspension fitted.

Now other than it going around corners like I never thought possible it is a very bumpy ride, almost feels like the front and rear are connected bumping hard.

When hitting a bit of speed the bumpyness on most roads, your average bumpy crap, the car feels like it is jumping around and feels very unstable at speed.

Is this just how they ride or are they knackered? If it is how they are what suspension rides better and more like standard or a bit smoother?

Thanks

Rich

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
There bound to be a bit bumpier harsher than standard but I never found it much of an issue once the alignment was set up correctly.

When the alignment was out though it was lethal and it was pretty scary to attempt to go fast on a bumpy back road as would try throw me in the ditch or into the path of oncoming traffic.

This ^^^^^ but there will be some compromise, for me they are a little to soft on initial turn in on tight bends but come into their own on fast smooth high speed bends, I'm going for geo Sat and will be raising the ride height 15mm all round as they have settled a little more than I thought, mine do bounce a little on rough roads but you'll have to put up with that tbh, I run 30psi front and 32psi rear on the road.

Regards Russ.............

Clio 172 Cup
My B14'a are not too bumpy, feel better than when I had shocks and springs !

Might be worth checking top mounts are ok and not come loose