ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 body kit onto clio 1.4 ( wider arches)

I have bought a phase2 clio 172 to make a replica out of my 1.4 dynamique but only just thought about the arches, the 172 arches will make it look like my front wheels have been kicked into them , would I just need spacers, if so what size and would putting spacers in affect the handling, thanks

Listerine & Poledo
Is there something wrong with the 172?
Just trying to understand why you'd make a replolca when you've got a genuine sat there :S

Hell, why not be different and make a 1.4 replica out of the 172! :)

Anyway, yeah, spacers

clio sold :(
If there about the same colour. Swap the Reg's over and cruise round in the 172 as a 1.4 :rasp: jk
Or just wait untill you can afford to drive the 172 and fix whatever problems it has.

I'm making a replica because I have a 1.4 and my insurance would be stupid money on a real 172 as I'm 20, and the engine in the 172 is knackered doesn't even tick over just bought it for parts

2003 1.2 billabong
I'm making a replica because I have a 1.4 and my insurance would be stupid money on a real 172 as I'm 20, and the engine in the 172 is knackered doesn't even tick over just bought it for parts

if you have a whole car as a donor why not use the rear axle and front driveshafts etc and do a wide track conversion ?

should solve some of the arch gap for you

2003 1.2 billabong
I can do bits but doing that would be beyond me lol on its on a driveway, I would need a ramp wouldn't I ?

yeah would make it easier lol. you could stick spacers on but i'm not sure what size you would need, maybe 25mm ? might be best to get all the bumpers on erc then see how much arch gap you have