ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Brake trouble.

My Mas car had a bit of sticky handbrake trouble this morning. I really had to give it some stick to free them. As it had only sat for two days, im assuming its gonna be a recurring problem. Is this common with 172s?

Im hoping to sort the problem this aft, but id like to know what exactly i need to do? Can any of you Clio peeps show me the light? Id rather sort it myself cos the local Main dealer employs a bunch of d1cks that unfortunately were let loose on my dearly departed 16v <nostalgic mode on>

Thanx in advance :)

Renault Laguna Coupe

If it was wet when it was parked the pads will stick to the discs. You then get a clunk clunk sound whilst braking until the rust wears off. Nothing to worry about - happens on most cars.

Clio 1.6 16V

If its parked in a relatively flat surface (especially during long periods), leave the car in 1st gear or reverse depending on slope and leave the handbrake off. Also stops your handbrake cable stretching, especially during colder nights when the cable contracts and stretches. Been doing this for years on several cars without problems. Just remember to apply the handbrake and put out of gear before starting!